Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jul 8, 2014, 09:54 AM   #1
Aniseedvan
macrumors 6502

Question for the photographers...

My iPad3 is getting replaced this year. It's really getting laggy now, which will no doubt be of little surprise to anyone.

One of it's prime uses is to import photos whilst on a photography shoot (I only do a few, so not pro but do take a little money from them). I use the 30pin CCK USB adaptor into an ancient Belkin multi card reader which actually will read the first slot, being the CF one.

I then use Photosmith to do a first pass reject either when I'm still on site (in the case of doing toddlers at nursery, I can do this in between the age groups) or at home whilst the photos are going onto my LR PC with a faster USB 3 reader. So it acts as a backup as well as the first stage in my workflow.

So, looking at the newer lightning CCK for USB, has anyone got it working with anything other than a camera?
Otherwise, I wonder if my friendly apple store would let me take in my geriatric reader and try it out.

I'd far prefer to be able to switch CF cards and carry on shooting whilst the other is whirring away on the import.
Yes it's not a complete deal breaker but the current set up works for me, especially not having to drain the camera battery doing it, and remembering the camera lead either...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad