Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:30 AM   #76
bigfoot52
macrumors newbie

I got yesterday a email from switch where I ordered my imac 27" and they dont know when they will receive the imac, they dont hear anyting from apple. it's a blame for the service of apple
bigfoot52 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:52 AM   #77
Kroner
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthdrax View Post
If so, what does it say about delivery processes? I find it hard to believe that APR's accept deals with their main supplier that keeps them in the dark. Particularly because the APR's are client facing, meaning customers willl turn their back rather on them instead of Apple.
Yep, someone that ordered from the same store as me. Posted on their facebook site asking if they were having any trouble with getting the delivery, and saying if it continues like this she would rather try her luck with another store.
Kroner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:02 AM   #78
Outrigger
macrumors 68000

Ordered mine from B&H on 12/25, been chatting with CSR almost every other day with no status. Finally was told yesterday that they will have an shipmentcoming in soon and I should get it in 1 to 2 weeks. Got email this morning that B&H has shipped mine out and I should get it Monday. I'm happy that I'll have it sooner than expected but they seriously did not know anything til the last minute?
Outrigger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:59 AM   #79
Claust
macrumors newbie

Still no news here...ordered December 3.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by duri View Post
I'm nearly 8 weeks waiting (ordered 3. dec) and still no word from my reseller, no ETA. Really hope, my baby will be home soon as my MBP is almost dead. I really think, what apple is doing is just a big mess! Also very unfair to set all Apple Premium Reseller on a second priority!
Same **** here, ordered Dec. 3 in Denmark, no news. And they wont accept cancellation due that its BTO, hmm...
Claust is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:01 PM   #80
crows
macrumors member

I called in today and my iMac has arrived i'm going to pick it up later today, I ordered on Dec 3 @ 9:30am and it arrived today January 25, it was about 7 week and 4 day wait but it finally arrived, i'm going to thoroughly check it for IR and other stuff that other users have reported lets see how it turns out.
crows is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:23 PM   #81
ucsdsig
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
Ordered mine from B&H on 12/25, been chatting with CSR almost every other day with no status. Finally was told yesterday that they will have an shipmentcoming in soon and I should get it in 1 to 2 weeks. Got email this morning that B&H has shipped mine out and I should get it Monday. I'm happy that I'll have it sooner than expected but they seriously did not know anything til the last minute?
Got a shipping notice this morning as well. Very unexpected since the B&H representative I chatted with yesterday had no idea when my computer would ship.

I ordered on 12/27 with the following configuration: 27 inch/i7/8GB/1TB fusion/680mx. This is replacing my 2008 24inch IMac.

Looks like they have one 27 inch BTO configuration in stock: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._computer.html
ucsdsig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:56 PM   #82
Outrigger
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsdsig View Post
Got a shipping notice this morning as well. Very unexpected since the B&H representative I chatted with yesterday had no idea when my computer would ship.

I ordered on 12/27 with the following configuration: 27 inch/i7/8GB/1TB fusion/680mx. This is replacing my 2008 24inch IMac.

Looks like they have one 27 inch BTO configuration in stock: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._computer.html
Yup, same config. Must have came in last night and they shipped it out this morning or late last night.

Its sitting in the UPS center 10 min away from me but I have to wait til Monday. Waited this long...

Last edited by Outrigger; Jan 26, 2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:40 AM   #83
DoubleJay
macrumors newbie

I ordered a base 21,5 and a maxed out 27 in november 7th through a german premium reseller with education discount. The 21,5 came last tuesday, the 27 is ready for pick up today. Yiehhaaa..!
DoubleJay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:40 PM   #84
Will M
macrumors newbie

OK, here we go....

I have been following both the Reseller Threads and the December Order Thread since the absolute beginning of these threads.

First of all, great work to everybody, very cooperative and informative!

Now I am ready to participate and really fed up just reading all the replies every day, it's time I put in some information myself.

I have ordered the 27' Base Model (trackpad) + Superdrive + Devlivery in January!!! through a reseller in Germany on the 6th of December, I would have ordered earlier, but the reseller was on a holiday till the 6th.
The reason I have ordered at a reseller was because I could order through work and thought that it would be quick and reliable.
I was quite wrong.....!

I have heard nothing else than, Apple does not respond, the order has no delivery date, Apple has not confirmed yet, the order isn't processing yet, etc.

I am waiting 8 weeks now, and reaaaally getting annoyed at the way Apple is taking care of things. It's obviously not the resellers fault. All resellers around the globe are left in the dark completely in my opinion! Just check out the reseller threads, it's really not just the ones I have spoken with.
I visited a local reseller here in Germany today, one of several in the city.
I provided him with a few questions, such as how is Apple handling you at the moment regarding the new iMac?
And guess what....?
Same story, no news from Apple, only the Apple store has a few, bla, bla, bla....

I asked him if he was angry or annoyed, and of course he was, but as you can imagine... He said, what can you do about the way Apple takes care of things regarding the new iMac delivery. They are in charge! This way of doing things is hurting the resellers in my opinion. This has been stated in the reseller threads before, and I think it's true.

I am not gonna repeat the replies in all threads I have read, that resellers are receiving their iMacs a bit slower than Apple itself. That was ok for me, but reading three threads for the past 2 months waiting for it.....
I have seen and heard enough!
I am a big and longtime Apple user, but my whole experience up to receiving my new iMac is making me sick at the moment! Disgusting!

The only thing I can do is be patient, and share my story here, knowing that it is one more reply in all threads going on about the new iMac.

I wish those who wait with me good luck, and those who have received their machine the best times!

Waiting.....
Will M is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:00 PM   #85
zlinuk
macrumors member

My units arrived this morning, ordered 4th December i5's 1TB Fusion.
zlinuk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:02 PM   #86
Ronv
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthdrax View Post
Order process is a lot like: just when you think you hit rock bottum,........

And I agree, If I would have ordered it via the apple website I probably get it delivered next week.
And as if by magic, the Imac arrived yesterday from Amac - close to 50 days through an APR. Looks and runs well, Office install in 20 seconds. Solid improvement over my 2010 27". Has 8 GBs of memory, so will probably get some more.

Hope you get yours soon too!

BTW I did let Apple know that they could be better at communicating shipping dat to their APR. Got two responses, one from customer services in Europe, one from a Dutch Apple person. They do respond!
Ronv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:43 PM   #87
Divided
macrumors newbie

I ordered from B&H Photo in US on Dec 27th. Just got a shipping confirmation on 1/30. Set to arrive on 2/5.

Four week wait, but just glad to finally have it on its way.

----------

B&H also seem to have a bunch of models in stock now. At least some of the standard configurations.
Divided is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:27 AM   #88
duri
macrumors newbie

As posted before, I ordered from a local reseller in Switzerland on Dec 3th.

So far now more infos about the whereabouts of my iMac. Its almost 2 months of wait and still now more infos about any ETA or so! I really getting angry about Apple. How can they treat a loyal Apple customer like this?
I can understand, they have production problems. I was willing to wait a while. But common, 2 months? In my view, Apple really f+++++ up this time.
As a big Apple fan, I must say i'm disappointed of apple too.
Hope they can make my happy again, once I receive my baby (if this ever will happen!)
duri is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:32 AM   #89
Fried Chicken
macrumors regular

Damn, I just ordered yesterday from B&H... so I should get my computer by summer?
Fried Chicken is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:46 AM   #90
Ronv
macrumors newbie

duri

I would advise you to write an email to a suitable person in Apple - when I did that, I received sensible replies from two people at Apple. I do not think they are aware that the communication of shipping information from Apple to an APR needs fixing. They tended to look upon my remarks about lack of status information to the APR as an accident - it would be very useful for Apple to hear from more people that the APR route was somewhat flawed.

If you need help on who to contact, let me know. Maybe we could PB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duri View Post
As posted before, I ordered from a local reseller in Switzerland on Dec 3th.

So far now more infos about the whereabouts of my iMac. Its almost 2 months of wait and still now more infos about any ETA or so! I really getting angry about Apple. How can they treat a loyal Apple customer like this?
I can understand, they have production problems. I was willing to wait a while. But common, 2 months? In my view, Apple really f+++++ up this time.
As a big Apple fan, I must say i'm disappointed of apple too.
Hope they can make my happy again, once I receive my baby (if this ever will happen!)
Ronv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:03 AM   #91
Outrigger
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Chicken View Post
Damn, I just ordered yesterday from B&H... so I should get my computer by summer?
4 to 5 weeks which is only 1 week more than the estimated time if you order directly from Apple.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:42 PM   #92
BlueCatz
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Chicken View Post
Not if the computer you ordered was in stock. I ordered from B&H on 1/28 and got a shipping notice 1/31. My order was processing for 2 days so I called them and got put to their "verification dept." or something like that. I think big orders like computers get that extra step to make sure the order is legit. Not sure if all computer orders get that or maybe since I had it shipping to my work addy. Anyway, quick verification and got my shipping notice the next day. It should arrive on 2/6.

BTW thanks to all who were updating the APR threads. Saw the post about B&H getting a shipment of 40 computers and only having 19 pre-orders to fill, I kept an eye out for when my model went from pre-order to "add to cart" and called in. Hope yours ships soon as well.

27"
1 TB Fusion
680mx

I'm pretty psyched as I've been using a 1st gen mac mini ever since my computer died about 6 months ago. I decided to go the APR route to save on tax. $60 apple care and free paralells was a sweet bonus.
BlueCatz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 02:25 PM   #93
Imaginethe
macrumors regular

Has anyone in the UK/Europe recieved bought and received a machine from a reseller with fusion drive?
Imaginethe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 02:46 PM   #94
Meddings
macrumors newbie

Just got confirmation of delivery for Tuesday! Been waiting since early December, was about to cancel order and then received email today.
UK
i7/fusion/680mx

Hang in there guys.
Meddings is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 02:48 PM   #95
vnttr
macrumors newbie

Ordered a 1TB Fusion 27" machine on Dec 14th, still processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginethe View Post
Has anyone in the UK/Europe recieved bought and received a machine from a reseller with fusion drive?
vnttr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 04:00 PM   #96
Imaginethe
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddings View Post
Just got confirmation of delivery for Tuesday! Been waiting since early December, was about to cancel order and then received email today.
UK
i7/fusion/680mx

Hang in there guys.
When did you order?
Imaginethe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 01:59 AM   #97
Fried Chicken
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCatz View Post
Not if the computer you ordered was in stock. I ordered from B&H on 1/28 and got a shipping notice 1/31. My order was processing for 2 days so I called them and got put to their "verification dept." or something like that. I think big orders like computers get that extra step to make sure the order is legit. Not sure if all computer orders get that or maybe since I had it shipping to my work addy. Anyway, quick verification and got my shipping notice the next day. It should arrive on 2/6.

BTW thanks to all who were updating the APR threads. Saw the post about B&H getting a shipment of 40 computers and only having 19 pre-orders to fill, I kept an eye out for when my model went from pre-order to "add to cart" and called in. Hope yours ships soon as well.

27"
1 TB Fusion
680mx

I'm pretty psyched as I've been using a 1st gen mac mini ever since my computer died about 6 months ago. I decided to go the APR route to save on tax. $60 apple care and free paralells was a sweet bonus.
Yeah they offered good incentives to buy, but I made a special order, I wanted the magic trackpad and not the apple mouse.
Fried Chicken is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 03:45 PM   #98
Meddings
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginethe View Post
When did you order?
4th December...
Meddings is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 05:41 PM   #99
6ftunder
macrumors member

I live in Austria, and I ordered mine through the reseller McShark on January 26th. I really hope that it will be on my table by May 13th - my birthday.

From what I've seen, people went nuts after not receiving theirs for 8-9 weeks and cancelled their orders.

Config:
27/i7/1TB FD/680MX/trackpad/numeric keyboard
Old Feb 4, 2013, 01:06 AM   #100
duri
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddings View Post
UK
i7/fusion/680mx

Hang in there guys.
You are a lucky guy! Wish I would also get my iMac this week like you. Ordered one day earlier than you :-)
Maybe Apple wants to surprise me.
duri is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac