Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:14 AM   #1
dauber
macrumors member

Question Permissions on one hard drive partition keep changing!

So...the hard drive in question has been in my MacBook for just a little over a year, maybe two years, but just this week, OSX suddenly decided to keep changing permissions on one of the partitions on that drive.

Every time I boot up this machine, I'm finding that just one permission becomes read-only; I can only create and modify files from the shell with the "sudo" command, and if I try to delete a file, OSX asks for my password.

Basically, I have to run BatCHMOD every time I restart if I plan to write to that partition.

It's not a bootable partition, so I cannot verify/repair permissions.

What should I be looking out for? I'm running OSX 10.7.5. Cannot upgrade to Mountain Lion (at least without applying some hacks) on this machine because it's ever-so-slightly too old.
dauber is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion