Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:26 PM   #176
jvmxtra
macrumors 65816
 
jvmxtra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhawks View Post
While you are looking, let us all in on your fantastic ideas.
Since it seems so easy, you sure must have some, besides just criticizing?
I am not sure why some of you are so upset at me ;-)

but anyway, how about phone that's wider and bigger(5 inch plus?) Clearly there are markets for it and apple missed them.(and please, don't give me this app compatibility issue crap. Chance was last year when they were expanding the crap to 4 inch.. Besides, this is what everyone has issue w/. why not innovate here?(Come up w/ some awesome solution. .. I don't know.. have all app come up as either 3.5 or 4 inch size but expand on demand(but qualit will lack unless it was specifically written for bigger size) but at least this gives lot of people who are looking for bigger phone a chance to grab ios device.

Missing of stylus? (They are still stuck on old notion).. But why not give us a choice anyway? I know today's sytlus do not work as well as it should be.
Why not come up w/ something that is so awesome that people will flock out to buy them?

How about touchscreen on osx and that are mobile?(lenovo one has battery powered 27 inch touch screen).
Sometimes I carry my 27 inch imac from upstairs to downstairs when I have to work from home but I have to stay downstairs to keep eyes on
couple things.. IN fact, I love my imac so much that I rather carry out my imac when I am on the road.. I cannot get serious work done on tiny 13 inch laptop for long.
This touchscreen driven big screen can really take all the board game out of it's own game.

Do you know that apple makes stuff and people will buy it? No matter what?
Don't give me this crap about how apple needs to only make stuff that matters.. they make plenty of **** and people just keep buying it.
So what's the differences?
Apple became too big and it stop being like startup company. No ideas are good enough unless it can fit everyone in the world.

While I am at it, I never understood how company like apple slacked off on such important thing like map which is crucial integrated part of it's own mobile os.
How about web browser? It's probably one of the most important app on the phone and I am all apple lover but I use chrome. What does that say about apple as a company?
Fact that Safari is not the best browser(undisputed) on osx bothers the **** out of me.
What about lack of email system? How stupid of people to love apple service so much but when logging onto some 3rd party stuff, they use either gmail or facebook login?

Don't get me wrong. I love apple products as much as next one.(own imac 27/mba/mb/iphone 4s/iphone 5 /ipod 4/nano).
But I am afraid I won't be going apple way on certain products going forward. I know apple will continue to grow but I am afraid some of the growth is
coming from old reputation rather than it's current product itself.
__________________
--still apple fan but it's getting difficult...
jvmxtra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:47 PM   #177
Thunderhawks
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmxtra View Post
I am not sure why some of you are so upset at me ;-)

but anyway, how about phone that's wider and bigger(5 inch plus?) Clearly there are markets for it and apple missed them.(and please, don't give me this app compatibility issue crap. Chance was last year when they were expanding the crap to 4 inch.. Besides, this is what everyone has issue w/. why not innovate here?(Come up w/ some awesome solution. .. I don't know.. have all app come up as either 3.5 or 4 inch size but expand on demand(but qualit will lack unless it was specifically written for bigger size) but at least this gives lot of people who are looking for bigger phone a chance to grab ios device.

Missing of stylus? (They are still stuck on old notion).. But why not give us a choice anyway? I know today's sytlus do not work as well as it should be.
Why not come up w/ something that is so awesome that people will flock out to buy them?

How about touchscreen on osx and that are mobile?(lenovo one has battery powered 27 inch touch screen).
Sometimes I carry my 27 inch imac from upstairs to downstairs when I have to work from home but I have to stay downstairs to keep eyes on
couple things.. IN fact, I love my imac so much that I rather carry out my imac when I am on the road.. I cannot get serious work done on tiny 13 inch laptop for long.
This touchscreen driven big screen can really take all the board game out of it's own game.

Do you know that apple makes stuff and people will buy it? No matter what?
Don't give me this crap about how apple needs to only make stuff that matters.. they make plenty of **** and people just keep buying it.
So what's the differences?
Apple became too big and it stop being like startup company. No ideas are good enough unless it can fit everyone in the world.

While I am at it, I never understood how company like apple slacked off on such important thing like map which is crucial integrated part of it's own mobile os.
How about web browser? It's probably one of the most important app on the phone and I am all apple lover but I use chrome. What does that say about apple as a company?
Fact that Safari is not the best browser(undisputed) on osx bothers the **** out of me.
What about lack of email system? How stupid of people to love apple service so much but when logging onto some 3rd party stuff, they use either gmail or facebook login?

Don't get me wrong. I love apple products as much as next one.(own imac 27/mba/mb/iphone 4s/iphone 5 /ipod 4/nano).
But I am afraid I won't be going apple way on certain products going forward. I know apple will continue to grow but I am afraid some of the growth is
coming from old reputation rather than it's current product itself.
I for one am not upset and you can have your opinion.

Fact is that you have not created anything in this field and criticize a company that has changed entire industries and ways we do things.

To please your expectations, should they come up with something fantastic every hour, every day, week or what?

For every item you list there is a counterpoint and product solutions by others.

Given a choice of who to trust in (between you and Apple) when it comes to product ideas and the way Apple does business and decides the directions they go in, I'll have to trust Apple.

Of course only until they hire you and straighten these laggards out and we all benefit from your fantastic inventions and creations.
__________________
It's ready, when it's ready !
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Thunderhawks; Jan 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
Thunderhawks is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 01:10 PM   #178
jvmxtra
macrumors 65816
 
jvmxtra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhawks View Post
I for one am not upset and you can have your opinion.

Fact is that you have not created anything in this field and criticize a company that has changed entire industries and ways we do things.

To please your expectations, should they come up with something fantastic every hour, every day, week or what?

For every item you list there is a counterpoint and product solutions by others.

Given a choice of who to trust in (between you and Apple) when it comes to product ideas and the way Apple does business and decides the directions they go in, I'll have to trust Apple.

Of course only until they hire you and straighten these laggards out and we all benefit from your fantastic inventions and creations.
Fair enough. I am just an apple fan who is frustrated.
__________________
--still apple fan but it's getting difficult...
jvmxtra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 02:32 PM   #179
MrDc2
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenShaw View Post
No, just because you think that it is "dumb" doesn't give you a right to carry devices with many times the maximum liquid allowance.

And why is it "trolling" to point out that you made a stupid comment that is ignorant of well publicized TSA carryon guidelines?

" Agreed. I just travelled internationally recently and they confiscated...drum roll please... my red bull."

It was a statement of fact. I don't see where I implied I had any right to carry it on. Do you? I'm glad you spent the extra time googling TSA regulations just for me though, I'm touched.
MrDc2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 07:40 PM   #180
AidenShaw
macrumors G5
 
AidenShaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Peninsula
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDc2 View Post
" Agreed. I just travelled internationally recently and they confiscated...drum roll please... my red bull."

It was a statement of fact. I don't see where I implied I had any right to carry it on. Do you? I'm glad you spent the extra time googling TSA regulations just for me though, I'm touched.
Just what was your point then?

You did something in flagrant violation of the clearly stated rules, and got caught.

Why say anything, let alone the flamboyant "drum roll" bit?
__________________
Edward Snowden - American Hero.
Daniel Ellsberg: "Edward Snowden: Saving Us from the United Stasi of America"
Marriage equality is unstoppable
AidenShaw is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 08:44 PM   #181
slam5000
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Just saying, the device has already been TSA approved. Also, the price is projected to drop a bit after launch. Keep in mind, a company launching their first product has to overprice a bit. They need to make back money spent developing the product. If you really want to, i suppose you could just poke a hole in the side of the cartridge yourself, but don't be upset when the butane evaporates, unless pressure is maintained, butane vaporizes in air. The other primary reason you can't refill them yourself, is to keep them under TSA regulations. If they're totally sealed, then you can't really do anything to use the explosive properties of butane, and given butane's chemical properties, trying to open the canister would make the butane pretty much disappear.

Last edited by slam5000; Jan 9, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
slam5000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:30 PM   #182
MrDc2
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenShaw View Post
Just what was your point then?

You did something in flagrant violation of the clearly stated rules, and got caught.

Why say anything, let alone the flamboyant "drum roll" bit?
Try some self-reflection with that very question before continuing with your ridiculous charade. Read the discussion first if you really want to know why I posted that. Simply: You can carry a compressed butane canister cell phone charger but you cannot carry on a simple beverage. TSA = Fail.

"Travel much?" - Is quite obvious. Akin to, " LOLYOUMAD?!" and several other infamous phrases. Simply write, " <Verb> much? " to ensure that you're not adding anything positive to the discussion.
MrDc2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:40 PM   #183
Renzatic
macrumors 604
 
Renzatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Who puts the washers in the woods?
The biggest problem I see here is that people actually drink and seem to enjoy Red Bull. Now far be it from me to paint an entire demographic with one broad brush, but...Red Bull? Nasty stuff. What the hell are you all thinking?

It's like someone decided to crush 10 rolls of Smarties up, mix it in ginger ale, add three cups of sugar to enhance the flavor, then overcharge for the results.
Renzatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:04 PM   #184
Liquorpuki
macrumors 68020
 
Liquorpuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: City of Angels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
The biggest problem I see here is that people actually drink and seem to enjoy Red Bull. Now far be it from me to paint an entire demographic with one broad brush, but...Red Bull? Nasty stuff. What the hell are you all thinking?

It's like someone decided to crush 10 rolls of Smarties up, mix it in ginger ale, add three cups of sugar to enhance the flavor, then overcharge for the results.
But it goes pretty well with vodka
__________________
Ableton 9 on a Surface Pro 3, APC40, Audiobox, Yamaha KX8, Roland V-Drums HD1 + Octapad, K-Pro, Rode NT1A, MPC1000, EWI, 1200-MK5, 06-Pro
Liquorpuki is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:14 AM   #185
slughead
macrumors 68030
 
slughead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004

8 D cell batteries - $12
12v charger - $3
(some assembly required)
mWh: 160,800 - 32 charges

Cost/100 charges: $40.50
Cost/1000 charges: $378


Nectar: $300
Replacement Cell: $10
mWh: 50,000 - 10 charges

Cost/100 charges: $400
Cost/1000 Charges: $1300
slughead is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 02:29 AM   #186
darkfiber
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus, OH USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRCL View Post
Can you point to 1 CES where Apple has ever gone?
Yes. Apple introduced the Newton at the 1992 CES. They haven't been back since.
__________________
iPhone 5s (64GB) AT&T "Space Gray" 09-25-2013
darkfiber is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CES 2014: LaCie Announces 1TB 'Fuel' Wireless External Hard Drive for iOS/Mac Devices MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 28 Jan 6, 2014 05:54 PM
Infinity Cell Kinetic Charger for iPhone bryankeiser iPhone Accessories 0 Apr 29, 2013 04:20 AM
CES 2013: Canopy Sensus Case Adds Touch Controls to the iPhone's Back MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 20 Jan 8, 2013 02:15 PM
Apple Doubling Size of Fuel Cell Facility at North Carolina Data Center MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 44 Dec 6, 2012 09:47 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC