Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Hey guys, I will be glad for any recommendation you can give me.:D

For the last two years (!) I have been using JVC HAFX35S Soft Marshmallow earbuds and they were truly great, but local stores don't have them anymore.:(

I'm looking for something similar with perfect isolation, tight fit, strong bass and not stressed highs, at somewhere around 50 quid.

Cheers!:eek:

bassanoclapper

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
London
I use Shure SE215's that you can get for about £75 on Amazon, so if you can stretch to that, I'd highly recommend them.

Below £50 you might want to try Klipsch or Sennheiser

JohnLT13

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2012
Boston (aka Red Sox Nation)
I recently went shopping for new earbuds. Id figure I would demo a few and decide what i like. Well i guess i never thought about it, but you cant demo earbuds.:eek: I can understand why, but how will you know what sounds best to your ear? I ended up buying SOL Republic Amps HD earbuds for 99usd Fantastic sound, great bass but not bass heavy. They also have iPhone controls with mic.

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Thanks guys for all your recommendations!:)

The selection process was a tedious journey of ruthless elimination, but I finally decided to get Harman Kardon earbuds in the end.:)

Hopefully, I won't have to repeat this kind of decision making any time soon! Picking new earbuds is hard!:D

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.