Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 8, 2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Newmacer2
macrumors member

QuickTime

I'm interested in downloading some video clips to YouTube. I tried one today and got a message that I may want to change my QuickTime settings in order to get the best quality. I have played around with my QuickTime for about an hour and can't find where you make these setting changes. I recently downloaded Mountain Lion. Could that be the problem, or am I just really dumb today? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Newmacer2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 07:10 PM   #2
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

You can't download YouTube with Quicktime. You need something like FastestTube, a browser Extension which puts a download button onto YouTube pages:
http://kwizzu.com/

or something that uses the web address of the YouTube page, like ClipGrab
http://clipgrab.de/en
Old Jan 8, 2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Mackilroy
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Mackilroy
I think he means upload clips to YouTube, not download.

To answer the OP's question, this would only apply if you were using something like iMovie to make clips and then export them through Quicktime. You can see something along those lines here. You may also have to have Quicktime 7 Pro…
Old Jan 8, 2013, 09:07 PM   #4
Newmacer2
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackilroy View Post
I think he means upload clips to YouTube, not download.

To answer the OP's question, this would only apply if you were using something like iMovie to make clips and then export them through Quicktime. You can see something along those lines here. You may also have to have Quicktime 7 Pro…
Thanks. You're correct, I meant upload. I kept getting this message about adjusting my QuickTime settings, but the vid looked fine. I guess it's a YouTube default message for anyone using QuickTime.
The message was, "For better results, adjust your Quicktime settings to prepare videos for internet streaming. For more information, visit our Help Center."
When I get advanced enough to use iMovie, I'll review the link you sent. Thanks again for your input.

Last edited by Newmacer2; Jan 8, 2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: added more info
Newmacer2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 08:42 AM   #5
nomadjack
macrumors newbie

Password issues

Anyone know here whyI keep getting password invalid when I try to upload to you tube from standard Quicktime 10..1? J=Had a look into QT7.6 but there doesn't even seem to be an option for YouTube as far as preferences go. Weird but I'm having the same upload issues with iMovie as well. Running SL10.6
Cheers
nomadjack is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store