Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arubinst

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Lausanne - Switzerland
Hi guys,

I recently had what I think is an interesting idea...

It thought it might be possible to fool iTunes Match to let me upload any kind of file and not only music. So after weeks of research and a couple of bottles of wine during my christmas holidays in Spain, I nailed it :)

I figured out a way to upload any file (pdf, jpg, zip, etc.) to iTunes Match (and other services like Google and Amazon).

It's not drag and drop though... you need to work at least a little bit to make it work. It's not ideal ether... those services are not designed for this kind of use, so don't expect any Dropbox replacement. The amount of space available however is very impressive for the price. So I expect Apple and the others to take some measures if this becomes popular.

As a matter of fact, I would love to see them react to this!!!

If you're interested, it's my very first post of my shiny new blog :)

Enjoy the read! (a bit long, by the way... sorry...)

If you think this is interesting news, don't hesitate to share it with other people/blogs/etc.

Abraham

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Expect Apple and other services to catch on to this and to possibly wipe the files.

Using a service in a way that it's not designed to be used is possibly a way to lose data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.