Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g4 powerbookboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
I just installed leopard webkit for safari on my iBook g4 running leopard with safari 5.06... seems more responsive, wondering if anyone is using it and if it automatically updates or if not how one updates it...

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
I just installed leopard webkit for safari on my iBook g4 running leopard with safari 5.06... seems more responsive, wondering if anyone is using it and if it automatically updates or if not how one updates it...

I've been using it for months. Have you run the "enable enhanced features" shell script? It is a more modern version of Webkit. I don't think is any built in updater. I just checked, new version 3 hours ago, so I'll get that.

g4 powerbookboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
ran the enhanced features part. seems like safari is much more responsive, but that may just be me expecting something after the install.:)

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
ran the enhanced features part. seems like safari is much more responsive, but that may just be me expecting something after the install.:)

I think the performance gain is there, but minimal. If you have the advanced features, you can view HTML5 video in full-screen. I have clicktoplugin installed, so on most every video, you can view in HTML5 and in full screen.

g4 powerbookboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
wondering how it updates.... if you have to go to their website or if it automatically does it.

g4 powerbookboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
just noticed in software update safari 5.06 is listed.... wondering if that is the new update for leopard webkit or if it reverts back to the safari without it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.