Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
I know that this feature is gone in itunes 11. The problem is that I can't figure out how to work around that. I read that rating an entire album and all it's tracks as 5 star will set that to default but that doesn't work either (and I tried a restart). The only way I can figure it out is to first change the artist name to something else for which ever artwork you want....then change the rest of the artists names AFTER that to match the new (wrong) name. After that the artwork is set to whatever you picked and you can just change the name back to whatever the correct artist name is.

Obviously that's a crappy workaround but there has to be some other, easier way of going about this.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I know that this feature is gone in itunes 11. The problem is that I can't figure out how to work around that. I read that rating an entire album and all it's tracks as 5 star will set that to default but that doesn't work either (and I tried a restart). The only way I can figure it out is to first change the artist name to something else for which ever artwork you want....then change the rest of the artists names AFTER that to match the new (wrong) name. After that the artwork is set to whatever you picked and you can just change the name back to whatever the correct artist name is.

Obviously that's a crappy workaround but there has to be some other, easier way of going about this.

Not sure i understand what you are asking.

Are you talking about changing the Album cover artwork, if so i just Get Info and change it on the artwork tab. You can select multiable files and change all of them at the same time.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Not sure i understand what you are asking.

Are you talking about changing the Album cover artwork, if so i just Get Info and change it on the artwork tab. You can select multiable files and change all of them at the same time.

No i mean the default artist artwork that is slected for each artist. In the left hand side, each artist has a default artwork that is displayed...it's a small picture (used to be bigger when there was the old artist view).

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
That's a tough one! The artwork used to cycle the various album covers when you moused over it but it doesn't anymore. I'm interested in the answer if someone can help!

mugtastic

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2006
was going to start a thread for this before i found this one.

how does itunes pick the artist art - it's not chronological by album - is it based on first added?

i definetly dont want the worst cover by a band as its avatar!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.