Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 8, 2013, 06:57 PM   #1
DaGrandMastah
macrumors 6502a

iTunes set default artist artwork?

I know that this feature is gone in itunes 11. The problem is that I can't figure out how to work around that. I read that rating an entire album and all it's tracks as 5 star will set that to default but that doesn't work either (and I tried a restart). The only way I can figure it out is to first change the artist name to something else for which ever artwork you want....then change the rest of the artists names AFTER that to match the new (wrong) name. After that the artwork is set to whatever you picked and you can just change the name back to whatever the correct artist name is.

Obviously that's a crappy workaround but there has to be some other, easier way of going about this.
DaGrandMastah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 01:22 PM   #2
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrandMastah View Post
I know that this feature is gone in itunes 11. The problem is that I can't figure out how to work around that. I read that rating an entire album and all it's tracks as 5 star will set that to default but that doesn't work either (and I tried a restart). The only way I can figure it out is to first change the artist name to something else for which ever artwork you want....then change the rest of the artists names AFTER that to match the new (wrong) name. After that the artwork is set to whatever you picked and you can just change the name back to whatever the correct artist name is.

Obviously that's a crappy workaround but there has to be some other, easier way of going about this.
Not sure i understand what you are asking.

Are you talking about changing the Album cover artwork, if so i just Get Info and change it on the artwork tab. You can select multiable files and change all of them at the same time.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:00 PM   #3
DaGrandMastah
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by From A Buick 8 View Post
Not sure i understand what you are asking.

Are you talking about changing the Album cover artwork, if so i just Get Info and change it on the artwork tab. You can select multiable files and change all of them at the same time.
No i mean the default artist artwork that is slected for each artist. In the left hand side, each artist has a default artwork that is displayed...it's a small picture (used to be bigger when there was the old artist view).
DaGrandMastah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:34 PM   #4
Pharmscott
macrumors 6502a

That's a tough one! The artwork used to cycle the various album covers when you moused over it but it doesn't anymore. I'm interested in the answer if someone can help!
Pharmscott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 01:32 PM   #5
mugtastic
macrumors regular

was going to start a thread for this before i found this one.

how does itunes pick the artist art - it's not chronological by album - is it based on first added?

i definetly dont want the worst cover by a band as its avatar!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store