Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Well, it's been three weeks since the fourth beta of iOS 6.1 was released to developers. For those who have paid close attention to previous iOS release patterns, what is your guess on when iOS 6.1 will be released to the public?

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
Well, it's been three weeks since the fourth beta of iOS 6.1 was released to developers. For those who have paid close attention to previous iOS release patterns, what is your guess on when iOS 6.1 will be released to the public?

does it really matter? it contains almost zero changes, so its release wont enhance my phone in any way, thus I think most people couldnt care less about when it gets released.

xTorch

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2013
does it really matter? it contains almost zero changes, so its release wont enhance my phone in any way, thus I think most people couldnt care less about when it gets released.

Yeah except all the people waiting for the iOS 6 jailbreak.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
now?

ok , maybe now?

ok more time now?

maybe now?

There is no way to give an educated guess on when.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010

So rude. If it doesn't matter to you, why even bother to post here? :rolleyes:

@ the OP, I honestly believe it'll be out either this week or next week. I'm just waiting so that the jailbreak can come out after 6.1 does. :)

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
How can anyone predict when it'll be out when the Gold Master version hasn't even been released yet?

And when the first reply mentioned zero new features, he's completely right. Nothing of any sort to look forward to, besides bug fixes to make the iOS 6 more stable as a whole. Unless Apple decide to throw something in in the GM version, then that's a different story....

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
GM this week and release to follow

The unsigning of 6.0.1 is an indicator that they are moving this along. You will see it sooner than later.

Just my opinion

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Gm?

How does anyone know that there will be a GM version released? Couldnt they release 6.1 as a general release when they are ready? especially if its mainly a bug fix release with minor new features/enhancements. Seems one of the 5.x.x ones never went to beta with developers first it just showed up one day. Am I mistaken?

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
The unsigning of 6.0.1 is an indicator that they are moving this along. You will see it sooner than later.

Just my opinion

Sounds more like an uneducated guess.

6.0.1 no longer being signed for devices that have 6.0.2 isn't in any way an indicator of 6.1's progress.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.