Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
I changed my login settings without paying attention to what I was really doing and made it so in order to log in I'd have to type in not only my password but also my username. Then I logged out. The thing is, my username contains Cyrillic letters and my keyboard can't produce them with the system settings being what they are. I had set the username up by copy & pasting, not really understanding that this was the dumbest thing I could possibly do.

Is there anything I can do about this myself? The machine is a 15" rMBP and it runs 10.8.2. My account is the only account (guest accounts are turned off).

edit: Apparently I need to redo the owner account setup via Recovery HD. I've run into an issue with Terminal, where it refuses to remove /var/db/.AppleSetupDone. When I ask it to find the file, it finds it and reports back with that same path, but when I ask it to remove the file, I get "No such file or directory."

edit: Managed to resolve the issue.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.