Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:43 PM   #1
travis.hansen
macrumors regular

Has Anyone Tried The New GPP Sim To Unlock Your CDMA 4S On iOS 6?

I have been looking to unlock my iPhone Verizon iPhone 4S since I foolishly updated to iOS 6. I found this video for the new GPP sim. I wanted to know if any of you have tried it. If it's works as well as they say it does I will buy one.

travis.hansen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:24 AM   #2
solomon271
macrumors newbie

I am curious too if it works. It seems it has much better reviews than most of the other options out there, at least regarding iOS 6.01. Gevey Ultra S is what I had previously been using, until I made the mistake of upgrading to iOS 6. The Gevey Ultra S no longer works, yet this option seems like it may be a valid solution. It seems like a jailbreak is a little while off, so it may be worth investing in this sim unlock. I was using a Sprint 4s with StraightTalk.

Anyways, I am not sure as I have not personally verified it, yet I have heard from a few friends that it resolved their issue. Also, if purchased on Ebay from seller vortextelecom-miami, they claim they will refund you if your product is not properly unlocked using the sim, so it seems like they are quite sure of it.

Those are my 2 cents for what they are worth.
solomon271 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:02 PM   #3
Demonface
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon271 View Post
I am curious too if it works. It seems it has much better reviews than most of the other options out there, at least regarding iOS 6.01. Gevey Ultra S is what I had previously been using, until I made the mistake of upgrading to iOS 6. The Gevey Ultra S no longer works, yet this option seems like it may be a valid solution. It seems like a jailbreak is a little while off, so it may be worth investing in this sim unlock. I was using a Sprint 4s with StraightTalk.

Anyways, I am not sure as I have not personally verified it, yet I have heard from a few friends that it resolved their issue. Also, if purchased on Ebay from seller vortextelecom-miami, they claim they will refund you if your product is not properly unlocked using the sim, so it seems like they are quite sure of it.

Those are my 2 cents for what they are worth.
I recently made the mistake of updating to iOS 6.1 and I had the Gevey Sim but it no longer works so I decided to buy the GPP Sim for Vortex Telecom Miami . I might get it in a few days so I would comment on what happened in a few days.
Demonface is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:51 PM   #4
kabbalah girl
macrumors newbie

GPP Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonface View Post
I recently made the mistake of updating to iOS 6.1 and I had the Gevey Sim but it no longer works so I decided to buy the GPP Sim for Vortex Telecom Miami . I might get it in a few days so I would comment on what happened in a few days.
Hopefully you can help... I'm with Verizon and lost my 4s 6.1. I now found it but I already have the new one from insurance. I want to sell it to a friend and after researching it looks like only a GPP will work as his carrier is Simple Mobile. Does GPP work with any sim/carrier and is there any issues he'll have since the phone was reported lost to Verizon?
kabbalah girl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:12 PM   #5
Demonface
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbalah girl View Post
Hopefully you can help... I'm with Verizon and lost my 4s 6.1. I now found it but I already have the new one from insurance. I want to sell it to a friend and after researching it looks like only a GPP will work as his carrier is Simple Mobile. Does GPP work with any sim/carrier and is there any issues he'll have since the phone was reported lost to Verizon?
GPP Sim supposedly works with any carrier , I ordered mine but didn't receive it yet. If he's not activating it with Verizon I don't think he should have any problems. If he is activating with Verizon you can always go to the store with him and explain the situation to them . The only bad thing about the phone being lost/stolen is that the ESN will be bad meaning that no CDMA wireless provider would activate it on their carrier but I could be wrong. If you have any additional questions feel free to ask me.
Demonface is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2013, 01:35 PM   #6
babylokz
macrumors newbie

????

so what do can i buy that and do it to a at&t iphone and be able to switch it to sprint ?
babylokz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2013, 01:57 PM   #7
Givmeabrek
macrumors Demi-God

Sprint will only activate a Sprint phone.
Givmeabrek is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 07:53 AM   #8
Acronyc
macrumors regular

I'm on AU in Japan, but I unlocked a 4S on 6.0.1 without a problem with the GPP SIM.
Acronyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 11:36 AM   #9
Lylyluvda916
macrumors member

it works buuut...

GPP sims do unlock the phone without a jailbreak but it will only work to unlcok it so that it can be used on GSM carriers only. The iphone has to have a sim slot so cdma iphone 4 s wont be unlockable.

Recently used it on a stolen Sprint iphone 4s and now can use it anywhere except for on sprint who has ***** service anyways.
Lylyluvda916 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 09:46 PM   #10
okwhatev
macrumors regular

it absolutely works. go for it. this is a great tutorial nby the way: http://www.idevcare.com/fully-unlock-cdma-iphone just ignore everything about it not working with ioS 6 since you're using a GPP sim and not a geavey.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 05:25 PM   #11
awesomest47
macrumors member

Oh my gosh, I'm in the exact same situation! Have a Sprint iPhone 4S that I want to increase its retail value if I were to ever sell it. Will a GPP unlock be like a factory unlock or will it disappear every time I get a new iOS? Not planning on listing the iPhone that soon! Can anyone help?
awesomest47 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone