Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Feb 3, 2013, 03:00 AM   #26
Helpme1963
macrumors newbie

AirPrint with hp 1102w

I have a hp 1102w but I Can not make it work ón my ip 5 or iPad 2.

Is it possible to setup directly ?

If I Schall buy airprinter which one Will be the Best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
I've used HP's p1102w Laserjet and had very good results. Of course it's only B&W, but that's what was needed.
Helpme1963 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 03:08 AM   #27
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpme1963 View Post
I have a hp 1102w but I Can not make it work ón my ip 5 or iPad 2.

Is it possible to setup directly ?

If I Schall buy airprinter which one Will be the Best?
I set one up on a Mac and Windows both and both times they worked on an iPad 2 and multiple iPhones. You need to update the printer's firmware first as it doesn't support AirPrint out of the box. Once the firmware has been updated, you add the printer to your Wi-Fi network and then it should work just fine.

Update firmware
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:26 AM   #28
RenoG
macrumors 65816

I'm getting the notion that I should stay clear of HP, go figure.

Canon first choice, Epson second choice...
RenoG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:09 AM   #29
Agile55
macrumors member

I Bought the XP-400 w/ Zero Regrets

Originally Posted by AllThingsD
" If you’re looking for a speedier, slightly larger printer that cranks out pretty photos, the Canon Pixma MG3220 might be the better option for you. But if you need a compact, super-simple printer for your personal documents and the occasional photo, the Epson Expression XP-400 has given me one of the most pain-free printer experiences I’ve had in a long time "

I have had the above mentioned Epson XP-400 for several weeks now for moderate home/office use w/ my i5 & iPad4.

Out of the box, easy set-up using AirPrint w/ out a single issue, bought it on Amazon for $69 (del. w/ Prime), no regrets & found it here on MRumors.
Agile55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 02:03 PM   #30
RenoG
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agile55 View Post
Originally Posted by AllThingsD
" If you’re looking for a speedier, slightly larger printer that cranks out pretty photos, the Canon Pixma MG3220 might be the better option for you. But if you need a compact, super-simple printer for your personal documents and the occasional photo, the Epson Expression XP-400 has given me one of the most pain-free printer experiences I’ve had in a long time "

I have had the above mentioned Epson XP-400 for several weeks now for moderate home/office use w/ my i5 & iPad4.

Out of the box, easy set-up using AirPrint w/ out a single issue, bought it on Amazon for $69 (del. w/ Prime), no regrets & found it here on MRumors.

Thanks for this...
RenoG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:28 AM   #31
Giuly
macrumors 68040

Location: That depends whether you ask for timezone, state of mind or GPS coordinates.
The Epson Expression XP-600 is on sale right now for $10 more than the XP-400, which does auto-duplexing, prints faster overall and has an even higher photo quality. Might be worth a look over the XP-400.
Thumb resize.

It also comes in an Epson Expression XP-800 flavor, with an automatic feed, Ethernet and a build-in fax.
Thumb resize.

Last edited by Giuly; Feb 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM.
Giuly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:25 PM   #32
christophermdia
macrumors 6502

definitely avoid HP. I bought one of their "AirPrint" printers and it sucks up ink like crazy, on top of the fact that when I have to replace the ink, it costs almost as much as the printer itself. I have a canon wireless that is not airprint, and it works great, although cant print from an iPad or iphone. Now that canon has built in airprint functionality, I will grab a newer canon version......
christophermdia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:26 AM   #33
irDigital0l

I'm looking for just a general AirPrint printer. It doesn't need to print out great photos.

Currently I'm using two printers. One is a Samsung black only printer and the other is a Canon color only printer.

Doesn't make much sense so I want a good AirPrint printer.
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:50 AM   #34
gadgetmonster
macrumors regular

I have the HP PS6520, works fine with all our mac's, iphone 5, ipad2, ipad mini's......fast, i can even email stuff to it from anywhere and it prints. Love it....so far.
gadgetmonster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:18 AM   #35
kodeman53
Banned

I've always used HP printers, initially b/w laser and lately color ink jets. I've never had any problems with them. I don't do a lot of printing, but when I do, I usually need it to be color, hence the color ink jet printer.

However, the 'feature' about HP ink jet printers that is annoying is their ink cartridges expire. If the printer powers off, the printer (at least the one I have) forces you to walk through a series of menus to be able to use the printer.

Do the cartridges of other manufacturer's ink jet printers expire?
kodeman53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:31 AM   #36
Davidkoh
macrumors 65816

I just installed AirPrint installer on my HTPC/Media Server I keep on 24/7 and it enabled my old Canon MP620 to be used as an AirPrint printer even though it is not supported. So that is a tip for anyone who might have a computer they can use to be a middleman.

I saw this guide and downloaded the program from there: http://jaxov.com/2010/11/download-ai...ws-7-xp-vista/
Davidkoh is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories