Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 9, 2013, 07:04 AM   #1
Drich290195
macrumors 6502

Refurb Carrier Lock Question

Got a refurb from apple yesterday and have been using activated on my network no problems. So i thought ill check to see if its unlocked before i request an unlock from my network. Popped in another sim card and and it said no service oh well i thought. Then the phone turned off and apple animation that you get when turning on a new iphone appeared came on and it said activation required. I slid to unlock and then it found the network. Iv swapped back after making a call all works fine. Now iv never had a apple unlocked handset is this what they normally do when you pop in multiple sims. Have they replaced with an unlocked version? cheers

It never gave me the congratulations your unlocked screen when i connected to itunes so im confused.
Drich290195 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:06 AM   #2
Drich290195
macrumors 6502

anyone know how apple unlocked phones operate
Drich290195 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Daveoc64
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drich290195 View Post
Got a refurb from apple yesterday and have been using activated on my network no problems. So i thought ill check to see if its unlocked before i request an unlock from my network. Popped in another sim card and and it said no service oh well i thought. Then the phone turned off and apple animation that you get when turning on a new iphone appeared came on and it said activation required. I slid to unlock and then it found the network. Iv swapped back after making a call all works fine. Now iv never had a apple unlocked handset is this what they normally do when you pop in multiple sims. Have they replaced with an unlocked version? cheers

It never gave me the congratulations your unlocked screen when i connected to itunes so im confused.
What you've seen is the equivalent of the "congratulations" screen if you complete the unlock on the device itself in iOS 5 or later.
Windows 8.1 | iCloud, Dropbox, Spotify Premium
Daveoc64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone