Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAPOL

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2012
I dont know.
Hi guys, just post how much time since you bought your iPhone 5 and how is it doing (scuffs, scratches, broken parts, bending, etc) :)

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
No worries! Everyone is new(er) at some point ha ha

BTW mine is doing good. I have a black one and I put a skin on it but no case. I have dropped it once (IIRC) but no scratches, bending, etc.

I think it's all very real (scratches, bending, breaks, whatever) but I think it's really overhyped and not typical.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
I believe lots of things are real, and there are lots of real things that almost never happen...

Of all of the iPhone 5's I've seen in real life outside of the Apple store (and it seems like every other person has one now lol...) I haven't seen or heard of ONE with a single problem. But, oddly enough, when I peruse the forums (where there is no way to validate anything) it seems problems run rampant.

I wonder why that is???

Again, I DO believe that scuffs, bends, damage out of the box, etc... HAPPEN. It's just that they are extremely rare, and not anywhere near in number what the Internet would have you believe.

I've gone naked since day one, and the phone looks as close to perfect as a mass produced consumer electronic can.

Now in fariness I don't sit on my phone (bends) or take crappy care of it (scuffs). I'm sure if you did you could damage/bend it if you wanted to...

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
My phone, since I received it October 1st, has been mucho perfecto. No screen protector, no case, no scratches, no scuffs, no wifi issues, no screen issues, no dropped calls. Of course, I know what I am doing. Smartphones are for smart people. iPhones are for geniuses.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
My iPhone is doing alright. I've got scratches on it that I never had on my iPhone 4s just after owning my iPhone 5 for a few weeks. So it doesn't seem AS durable as the iPhone 4s but it's aluminum? vs glass so ... what can you say. I also got AppleCare+ on my iPhone 5 so I may not be babying it as much as I think I am (or as I did with my iPhone 4s).

I have a scratch on the screen but it isn't bad. But I never scratched my 4s so my overall impression is that it's not as good as the 4s in durability. But the decreased weight, long battery life, LTE.... win in my book.

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
Been naked since I've had it on release day (Black) and its still in pretty much mint condition. Very very slight wear and tear on chamfered edges but hardly noticeable. I love it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.