Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 9, 2013, 02:33 PM   #1
drambuie
macrumors 6502a

They are available in-store, in Canada

This morning I went to the Apple store in the Conesotga Mall in Waterloo, Ontario for the purpose of seeing the new iMacs in person, never expecting them to be in stock. I asked if they had any 27" iMacs in stock, and was told they had just received a shipment and had at least one 27" iMac, with 3.4GHz i7, 8GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, and 2GB GTX 680MX. This is the standard top end store configuration, under model # MD580LL/A at $2599.00. They said that, of the few 27" iMacs received, this is the only configuration they've been getting, and they sell quickly.

For me the decision was a no-brainer, so I bought it, along with Applecare and a USB Superdrive. I haven't set it up yet, as I have to do major re-arranging to give it the place of honor on my desk.
drambuie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 02:38 PM   #2
AFPBoy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drambuie View Post
This morning I went to the Apple store in the Conesotga Mall in Waterloo, Ontario for the purpose of seeing the new iMacs in person, never expecting them to be in stock. I asked if they had any 27" iMacs in stock, and was told they had just received a shipment and had at least one 27" iMac, with 3.4GHz i7, 8GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, and 2GB GTX 680MX. This is the standard top end store configuration, under model # MD580LL/A at $2599.00. They said that, of the few 27" iMacs received, this is the only configuration they've been getting, and they sell quickly.

For me the decision was a no-brainer, so I bought it, along with Applecare and a USB Superdrive. I haven't set it up yet, as I have to do major re-arranging to give it the place of honor on my desk.
What a coincidence, I'm thinking of going there tonight to see if they have any . Thanks for the post.
AFPBoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 02:47 PM   #3
braddicted2mac
macrumors member

good buy you were very lucky to get there at the right time enjoy it !
Old Jan 9, 2013, 02:52 PM   #4
stockcerts
macrumors 65816

I'm going to go with the 21.5" with fusion drive and memory upgrade. I wonder if the Apple Stores will ever stock it with those options?
stockcerts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:29 AM   #5
4Hummer
macrumors newbie

Quote:
This morning I went to the Apple store in the Conesotga Mall in Waterloo, Ontario
Lucky Guy, I go into that exact store every once and awhile to just to torment myself while I wait for my 27" to be delivered
4Hummer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:39 AM   #6
Cidtek
macrumors newbie

Quote:

Figures LOL. I just got notice that mine has shipped today wheras I was going to cancel if the Conestoga store got them in first.
Cidtek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:17 PM   #7
mdc3000
macrumors newbie

Son of a bitch - I sent back my yellow screened imac with this exact configuration, after having THAT EXACT STORE take a look at it - they didn't have one at the time to just do a straight exchange with... of course, now I've been without a computer for over a week and the replacement hasn't even shipped yet...frustrating to hear this news

Armchair Directors - Video Movie Reviews
mdc3000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:45 PM   #8
zer0tails
macrumors 65816

Quote:

Damn you sure got lucky!! That's the exact configuration I want. I called the Apple store here in Toronto, Eaton Centre. They do have the iMac 27" but only the lower end model. I would have compromised but at the very least I would want the fusion drive, which they unfortunately did not have in any of their models.

I'll be frank. I think all macs should come with solid state drives or at least fusion. I could never use a regular mechanical hardrive anymore. Especially, not after using a solid state. Mechanical harddrives are dead and outdated!
zer0tails is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac