Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Sep 30, 2005, 08:51 PM   #1
g^3
macrumors member

photo organizing software

hi, i was wondering if anyone knows of good photo organizing software. i've tried to use iphoto but it keeps on freezing or taking forever to load. also iphoto has completely sabotaged my manual attempts to organize by putting pics in lots of lil' folders, now i can't find anything. please help
g^3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 02:24 PM   #2
MontyZ
Banned

Last edited by MontyZ; Nov 9, 2005 at 04:39 PM.
MontyZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 05:32 PM   #3
g^3
macrumors member

the extensis looks good, but a little expensive. does anyone know of less expensive alternatives. thanks for your help
g^3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 11:20 PM   #4
ATD
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by g^3
the extensis looks good, but a little expensive. does anyone know of less expensive alternatives. thanks for your help
I use Portfolio but you might want to try this

http://www.mediadex.com/us/index.htm

It was the single user version of Canto Cumulus, now it became Mediadex. I have no idea how good it is but it is cheaper than Portfolio.
ATD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 04:30 PM   #5
MontyZ
Banned

Last edited by MontyZ; Nov 9, 2005 at 04:39 PM.
MontyZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 09:38 PM   #6
snkTab
macrumors 6502a

Extensis portfolio is more suited in my opinion for those who work with photos (photographers, artist, media people). It's basically a workflow app more than anything. It does have the capability you want, it's just that you'd be paying for a whole lot more.
snkTab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 10:00 PM   #7
iDM
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to iDM
If iPhoto didn't do drop ins to Mail where you can alter there quality, the Book option, and slideshow/screensavers i'd drop it in a heart beat. It murders my ram and basically any process or application i am running. It's hard to alter pictures and it keeps copies of files that i edit. If a picture was taken sideways and i straighten it why do i ever care to keep the old and new copy it wastes space. I hope in new releases they really let you manipulate the behind the scenes picture handling more.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics