Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
California
Recently my powerbook running os 8.6 has started to have the mouse pointer starts to flash and change all these different shapes and then it freezes. I am not sure what the problem is I think it might be the built in graphics or maybe the os itself? :confused:

PowerPCMacMan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
PowerPC land
Hi,

Do you get any artifacts coming from the video, like distorted lines and or color lines? Then it would be the video processor chip on the laptop which SAD to say can't be replaced. However, at this point I am thinking an OS re-install should do the trick.. Can you go to OS 9 with that older type of PowerBook?

Recently my powerbook running os 8.6 has started to have the mouse pointer starts to flash and change all these different shapes and then it freezes. I am not sure what the problem is I think it might be the built in graphics or maybe the os itself? :confused:

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
California
Hi,

Do you get any artifacts coming from the video, like distorted lines and or color lines? Then it would be the video processor chip on the laptop which SAD to say can't be replaced. However, at this point I am thinking an OS re-install should do the trick.. Can you go to OS 9 with that older type of PowerBook?

yeah I put os 9 on it and so far so good no blinking whatsoever

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.