Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmufellow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
I just bought a BSN (brand spankin new) iBook 12" today! I'm really excited about it...IWBAIAW (it will be arriving in a week)

anyway I am planning on selling my eMac now and to buy an iMac G5 in the near future. I feel this is the best setup I can get. Portability, BFB (bang for buck), etc. I think it sure beats just getting a powerbook and spending all that money for something I could just drop. BTFATTE (but thanks for all the tips everyone!) Hasta Luego

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
The G5 iMac is much faster than the eMac, the iBook and the PowerBook. I have the iBook & iMac set up and it's the best bang-for-your-bucks combo out there IMO. Good choice. :)

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
IHAG4PMAAIS. (I had a G4 PowerMac and an iBook setup.) IDNLTFAMCWNAIS (I didn't like the fact that my computers where not always in sync.) ISBAGAP (I sold both and got a PowerBook.) ILH1MBTH2 ( I like having one machine better than having too.) IIAPDT (It's a personal decision though.)

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I'm biased in the matter... I love the iBook + iMac combo, but that's because I prefer working with a designated desktop and I like having OS X whenever I'm away. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.