Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vairamuthu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Joburg
Hi all,

I schedule my mac to shutdown at early morning 4am in the powersaver setting.

I have issue with quitting the 3g connectivity app. I let the 3g connectivity app connected for my torrent downloads.

While quitting,app gives a prompt "do you want to quit" Yes/Cancel.

due to the this prompt , 3G app didn't quit and it interrupts the shutdown process.

There is no way to remove the prompt from the 3g app. Is there any other way?

Thanks
Vairam

Last edited:

Vairamuthu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Joburg
Found a solution.

I schedule my mac to sleep at 4am .It disconnect my 3g connection.

Then schedule to wakeup ar 4:01am and shutdown after that...

I don't have to force shutdown

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Found a solution.

I schedule my mac to sleep at 4am .It disconnect my 3g connection.

Then schedule to wakeup ar 4:01am and shutdown after that...

I don't have to force shutdown

You found the solution but I just had a question, for what do you need a 3G connection App for?
I also have 3G USB connection( with a Huawei dongle), it came with a crappy Java Application, very hard to get rid of since every time I uninstalled it it reinstalled due to a Auto Install from the USB dongle.
I then disabled the flash storage on the USB dongle and removed the Application.

I now connect with built in network and use SurplusMeter for logging my Data so I know how much I used.
Much better than the crappy Huawei software.

Vairamuthu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Joburg
Hi justperry,

I used the 3G huawei app to connect to the internet.

How do you setup the 3G dongle to work with built in network?

You found the solution but I just had a question, for what do you need a 3G connection App for?
I also have 3G USB connection( with a Huawei dongle), it came with a crappy Java Application, very hard to get rid of since every time I uninstalled it it reinstalled due to a Auto Install from the USB dongle.
I then disabled the flash storage on the USB dongle and removed the Application.

I now connect with built in network and use SurplusMeter for logging my Data so I know how much I used.
Much better than the crappy Huawei software.

sniffs

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2013
More importantly, why are you clogging up the 3G network with torrent downloads? :D

torrenting is precisely what causes network slowdowns and on a 3G connection, it's got to be worse..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.