Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:24 AM   #1
ericbreiter
macrumors member

Gesture release delay on track pad

I ordered a track pad with my iMac since I already have the mouse. I immediately changed to tapping instead of clicking the track pad to produce a click on screen. It requires way too much force to make clicks comfortable similar to what I have experienced on some MacBook Pros. I like the track pad very much apart form one annoying detail: The delay that occurs when dragging/selecting on screen. When I drag something on screen to move an object or to make a selection rectangle using three fingers there is a slight delay of just below a second when releasing before I can do anything else.

For Photoshop I will always drag out my Kensington trackball to do precision work, but even for simple selections the track pad is very annoying with the delay. If I select an area and end up doing something else a bit too quickly, the area will expand to a bigger one. Iím not sure if this is due to the track pad or something in Photoshop.

How do I remove or reduce the gesture release delay on the track pad? There used to be an application called BetterTouchTool that would address this issue but it does not seem to address the delay in Mountain Lion. Any input appreciated.
ericbreiter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:59 AM   #2
Ledgem
macrumors 6502a

It's some setting within the OS and isn't limited to the Magic Trackpad. The same delay exists when I use the built-in touchpad on my Macbook Pro. It's very frustrating.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution (although I keep looking). The only thing I can suggest is to send Apple your feedback on the delay, and hopefully they'll either change the behavior or give us an option to adjust it in the future:
http://www.apple.com/feedback/
Ledgem is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac