Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:44 AM   #1
dpaanlka
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to dpaanlka
New iMac, original copy of iWork, not working right...

I installed an original 2009 copy of iWork on a disc onto a new iMac that has Mountain Lion. I enter the activation number on my admin account and it runs and everything okay. But every other user, it presents the screen to "buy or try" again, asking for a serial number. It's like it's not activating for everybody, only the user from which I installed it. It did this on both a new iMac and a brand new Mac Mini.

What might be going on here?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:25 AM   #2
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

Possible solution.
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:16 PM   #3
dpaanlka
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to dpaanlka
Sadly, that doesn't seem to solve the problem. Also, keep in mind this is also a new installation on brand-new machines.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:11 PM   #4
RUGERMAN
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaanlka View Post
Sadly, that doesn't seem to solve the problem. Also, keep in mind this is also a new installation on brand-new machines.
Brand new machine? Call Apple phone support, you paid for it.
RUGERMAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:31 AM   #5
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

Out of curiosity did you update the iWork suite after installing?
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:03 PM   #6
G4DP
macrumors 65816

There is no software code for iWork 09, it should automatically register with Apple when you first open Pages or Numbers.

A possible alternative -

When you have installed them on your admin account.

Go to Applications > iWork 09 > Pages, right click and choose get info. Go down to the Sharing and Permissions, fiddle with these settings.

I can't actually say if this works as only I use my machine.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store