Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:29 AM   #1
DennisMadsen
macrumors regular

Windows Remote Desktop og keyboard issue

I've a iMac and is using Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection to connect to my work laptop. As I'm a developer, I'm using many of the special chars like {, (, & etc., so I've connected a Windows keyboard to my iMac but my Mac is still using the buttons on the keyboard like it was a Mac keyboard.

I would like the button do to exactly as they would do, if they were connect directly to my work laptop. Is there a way to do this?
DennisMadsen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:10 AM   #2
pauldy
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisMadsen View Post
I've a iMac and is using Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection to connect to my work laptop. As I'm a developer, I'm using many of the special chars like {, (, & etc., so I've connected a Windows keyboard to my iMac but my Mac is still using the buttons on the keyboard like it was a Mac keyboard.

I would like the button do to exactly as they would do, if they were connect directly to my work laptop. Is there a way to do this?
As a developer who regularly uses RDP to connect to numerous machines from my Mac your question doesn't make any sense. The special characters your referring to aren't that special and work the same on both mac and pc keyboards. Trying to determine what your actual issue is from your vague inconsistent description is a long shot.
pauldy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:47 AM   #3
DennisMadsen
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
As a developer who regularly uses RDP to connect to numerous machines from my Mac your question doesn't make any sense. The special characters your referring to aren't that special and work the same on both mac and pc keyboards. Trying to determine what your actual issue is from your vague inconsistent description is a long shot.
I'm sorry for not being very clear. If I connect the keyboard (danish language) directly to the PC, ALTGR+8 gives me an {, but then I connect the same keyboard to my Mac, nothing happens when I press the same combination. Why?
DennisMadsen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac