Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DennisMadsen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
I've a iMac and is using Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection to connect to my work laptop. As I'm a developer, I'm using many of the special chars like {, (, & etc., so I've connected a Windows keyboard to my iMac but my Mac is still using the buttons on the keyboard like it was a Mac keyboard.

I would like the button do to exactly as they would do, if they were connect directly to my work laptop. Is there a way to do this?

pauldy

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2007
I've a iMac and is using Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection to connect to my work laptop. As I'm a developer, I'm using many of the special chars like {, (, & etc., so I've connected a Windows keyboard to my iMac but my Mac is still using the buttons on the keyboard like it was a Mac keyboard.

I would like the button do to exactly as they would do, if they were connect directly to my work laptop. Is there a way to do this?

As a developer who regularly uses RDP to connect to numerous machines from my Mac your question doesn't make any sense. The special characters your referring to aren't that special and work the same on both mac and pc keyboards. Trying to determine what your actual issue is from your vague inconsistent description is a long shot.

DennisMadsen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
As a developer who regularly uses RDP to connect to numerous machines from my Mac your question doesn't make any sense. The special characters your referring to aren't that special and work the same on both mac and pc keyboards. Trying to determine what your actual issue is from your vague inconsistent description is a long shot.

I'm sorry for not being very clear. If I connect the keyboard (danish language) directly to the PC, ALTGR+8 gives me an {, but then I connect the same keyboard to my Mac, nothing happens when I press the same combination. Why?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.