Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
I know that the S3 outsold the 4S last quarter to take the most sold crown but whats the deal with iphone 5 numbers last quarter? Im just curious because my android fanboy cousin is talking mad smack how the S3 outsold a year old iphone product by only 1 million lmao

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
You'll have to wait until January 23rd:

http://investor.apple.com/

But I'd say odds are good. The other companies spread their sales out over many more models, so when you define it so narrowly as "what specific model sold the most" the iPhone usually does very well.

And given that this time the iPhone 5 was the newer of the two, it's going to have the edge for the last quarter.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
I know that the S3 outsold the 4S last quarter to take the most sold crown but whats the deal with iphone 5 numbers last quarter? Im just curious because my android fanboy cousin is talking mad smack how the S3 outsold a year old iphone product by only 1 million lmao

If I remember correctly, it sold more on one carrier only (Verizon), and it was primarily because the 4S doesn't have LTE. Have you seen how slow Verizon's 3G is? I'm surprised the 4S has made ANY sales on that carrier :p

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
If I remember correctly, it sold more on one carrier only (Verizon), and it was primarily because the 4S doesn't have LTE. Have you seen how slow Verizon's 3G is? I'm surprised the 4S has made ANY sales on that carrier :p

4S is still a solid phone and verizon's 3G isnt that bad anymore in NY i have gotten 2-3 mbps on 3G steady its good enough for apps and facebook and what not but LTE is worlds better. And i was talking about the global sales not just US alone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.