Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyanSA4

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
CT
I ordered my dual 2.3 PowerMac on 9/24/2005 order status said as of yesterday it was being prepaired for shipment. Now this morning I get an e-mail from Apple saying that it won't be shipping until 10/13/05. I was reading on ThinkSecrets that another person who ordered their dual 2.3 on Sept. 24th also got an email saying that their order wouldn't be shipped until Oct. 13th. Do any of you think this could be because of a possible PowerMac update or are they just having a problem getting parts?

Here's what I got
PowerMac Dual 2.3 G5
512gb ram. (adding 2gb when I get it all set up)
250gb hard drive
Ati 9650 w/256
Airport Extreme card
Airport Extreme Base Station
Free Ipod 4gb mini (silver)

Already got the Ipod and the base station, just waiting on the G5. :(

bloodfist

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
No way.

I ordered on 09/26/2005 and this morning I recieved the same email saying it will ship on or before 10/13/2005. There is a problem with a transaction amout limit per day on my check card which I took care of this morning with my bank, I still have to call Apple's payment number to tell them to try it again though.

I'm very curious as to what is going on now. Are they going to replace ours with new updates? As I said in another thread, only time will tell.

-bloodfist

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
As I said before, cancel both of your orders! [if you can] to be sure to get the latest and the greatest!

bloodfist

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
This is directly from the Apple Store order status page:

Replaced with New Product
We constantly strive to bring you the latest technologies, and one of our innovations has affected you. After you placed your order, we introduced an upgrade to a product you wanted, so we replaced the product with the upgraded version. The total cost of your order has not increased. You can get the details about your new product by visiting the Apple Store.

So I'm thinking since there are a total of 3 of us here (probably many more), they might be holding the orders until they annouce the new machines here in a week or so.

I waited about 3 weeks for the updates before I placed this current order. Someone said on here there's no point in wait because something better is always going to come along later.

-bloodfist

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Look what all of you have done to me!

I'm not in the market for a PM, nor do I want one (towers aren't for me)... and yet I am filled w/ excitement at the prospect of a new product/ upgrade! DAH! Darn you MacRumors!!! :eek:

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
this is very good news for potential powermac owners!

now can someone please order a powerbook and see if you get the same results? ;)

RyanSA4

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
CT
Well, I just checked my email again and got another email from Apple saying that my Dual 2.3 has been shipped, so I'm happy. :) I really don't care if they update in the next few weeks because I have been waiting to get my G5 since the begining of August.

bloodfist

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
RyanSA4 said:
Well, I just checked my email again and got another email from Apple saying that my Dual 2.3 has been shipped, so I'm happy. :) I really don't care if they update in the next few weeks because I have been waiting to get my G5 since the begining of August.

Hopefully mine will ship out soon also once I take care of the payment issues.

-bloodfist

RyanSA4

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
CT
bloodfist said:
Hopefully mine will ship out soon also once I take care of the payment issues.

-bloodfist

What PowerMac did you order?

bloodfist

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
RyanSA4 said:
What PowerMac did you order?

Dual 2.3 with X850XT, Bluetooth and AE.

Just got off the phone with Apple, the charge went through, I suspect it will ship out on Monday.

I can't wait.

-bloodfist

Fender

macrumors regular
May 9, 2004
Toronto, CANADA
bloodfist said:
Dual 2.3 with X850XT, Bluetooth and AE.

Just got off the phone with Apple, the charge went through, I suspect it will ship out on Monday.

I can't wait.

-bloodfist

So no updated Powermac for you? :confused:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I think that both of you will be very happy with your new Power Mac 2.3. Both sound awesome. Strange that about changing status twice and so soon. Good luck and enjoy. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.