Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

judgejohn82

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Hey guys,

I'm having a weird problem with iTunes album art since upgrading to iTunes 11 (not sure if that is coincidental or not).

Basically, I am a bit OCD about my music, and have all of the album artwork embedded in the files themselves, as shown

BoIxZ.png

However, when I select a file and "Get Info", the album art does not appear in the Preview pane, instead only the generic image for music files. I should add that this only occurs with music NOT purchased from the iTunes store (all iTunes purchases display correctly). The problem can be seen below:-

EGYe7.png

As a result of this, album art does not display correctly in the Alfred iTunes Mini Player, which is what I use 90% of the time:-

LYSKQ.png

I have contacted the developer of Alfred who was very helpful, but it appears to be a problem not with Alfred, but rather with how OS X is not correctly applying the preview image. I am not sure if something changed with iTunes 11, or whether this is another problem altogether.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be most grateful!

judgejohn82

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
In an even stranger development, if I copy the file from my iTunes Media folder (which is on my HD, not SSD) to another place (e.g. the Desktop, which is on my SSD), the artwork appears correctly, as shown.

Here is the file in my iTunes Media folder:-

vykcx.png

And exactly the same file when copied to the Desktop

YZemQ.png

This is driving me nuts! I have tried all the usual resources, including the Apple Support Communities and cannot find a single other person reporting the same issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.