Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

astray003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Guys How can i downgrade my 3gs baseband which is 06.15?im currently on 5.1.1 (jailbroken)...i tried using redsn0w 0.9.14b2 and it freezes when im on Installing Bundles and after that i need to restore because it goes stuck on apple logo....by the way in redsnow it goes directly to Uploading First Stage and the Fetching Baseband files thingy didn't appear on redsn0w...i checked the downgrade baseband option and unchecked cydia since i have one installed...Hope for reply ASAP :(
thnx

[EDIT]my phone is 2010 model week 17..

Last edited:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Give that a shot too.
Make sure you have the latest itunes installed on that computer and try using another usb port or usb wire. If it still fails after all that just try downgrading it using another computer.

astray003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Give that a shot too.
Make sure you have the latest itunes installed on that computer and try using another usb port or usb wire. If it still fails after all that just try downgrading it using another computer.

cant change compability >.< since im using SP3 there's no SP2 option....

astray003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Oh, I see.
I thought you were running windows 7 on your computer.
Try running the latest redsnow on another computer then with itunes installed on it, it should downgrade your baseband.

ok i will try it later..(its early in the morning the Internet Shops are still close xD)
BTW:my wifi is greyed out and bluetooth

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Try redsnow 09.15b3

Turn off all anti-virus software and try again, from your edit it looks like your 3gs is old enough, try to reflash 06.15.0 first and than downgrade

@applejuiced
Having a bad day juice?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
no, it will error out if you do a regular restore, the 06.15 BB is higher than the 3GS 6.01 BB, iTunes will detect that and will give the error.

You can avoid that by the restore function of redsn0w or creating a NO_BB IPSW manually.

Sometimes it takes multiple tries to get it done.

You can also try sn0wbreeze to update to 6.01 and try again from there, I believe it has an update for 6.01.

Also you can try to downgrade to a lower firmware, 4.1 and try there.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Always untick install cydia when downgrading, you can do only one task at a time.

Keep trying, at may take multiple tries to make it work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.