Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:42 PM   #1
digitalduck
macrumors regular

Question Accessing HD from pc, without access to windows?

So have my 27" Imac and have my pc for which i just sold the monitor. Selling the rest part by part including the internal hdd but now i didnt wipe the drive before selling monitor (no time) so can i still access pc on network through imac and if so wipe remotely?

Thank You!
digitalduck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:18 AM   #2
flatfoot
macrumors 6502a

The easiest way would be getting the HDD out of the PC, put it into an external (USB) case. Then you can attach it to your new Mac and wipe the HDD.
flatfoot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:27 AM   #3
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalduck View Post
So have my 27" Imac and have my pc for which i just sold the monitor. Selling the rest part by part including the internal hdd but now i didnt wipe the drive before selling monitor (no time) so can i still access pc on network through imac and if so wipe remotely?

Thank You!
You would need a display on the Windows box to be able to set it up. And even then you wouldn't be able to do a complete wipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfoot View Post
The easiest way would be getting the HDD out of the PC, put it into an external (USB) case. Then you can attach it to your new Mac and wipe the HDD.
This is the best and easiest solution unless you can borrow a display for your PC and then wipe it using the borrowed display.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac