Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:04 PM   #1
raptorstv
Banned

Apple TV vs Samsung TV

I it a little too late for Apple to jump into the already saturated TV market? Especially after seeing so many nice TVs being introduced at CES this year (i.e. 4k TVs, OLED TVs).
raptorstv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:39 PM   #2
ugahairydawgs
macrumors 68020

I still have a hard time believing that Apple really wants to go heavy into TV hardware market. Maybe a device or two here and there, but I think content delivery is going to be the way they try to make their impact.
ugahairydawgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:04 PM   #3
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
I it a little too late for Apple to jump into the already saturated TV market? Especially after seeing so many nice TVs being introduced at CES this year (i.e. 4k TVs, OLED TVs).
Yeah - Itís doubtful they will. The internet is killing TV for a lot of people anyway...
mrsir2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:02 PM   #4
MacNut
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
Yeah - It’s doubtful they will. The internet is killing TV for a lot of people anyway...
The internet is killing cable not the TV. People would still rather watch on a big screen than a laptop. This is why Apple should focus more on a true set top not a TV.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:17 PM   #5
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNut View Post
The internet is killing cable not the TV. People would still rather watch on a big screen than a laptop. This is why Apple should focus more on a true set top not a TV.
Yeah, thatís what I meant... Itís killing TV (as in, the tradditional tv content), not the TV (as in, the peice of hardware)
mrsir2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion