Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:53 AM   #1
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus

"Safari is released to the world" - The first demo

http://donmelton.com/2013/01/10/safa...-to-the-world/

Quote:
And for the entire six minutes and 32 seconds that Steve used Safari on stage, I don’t remember taking a single breath. I was thinking about that network failure during rehearsal and screaming inside my head, “Stay online, stay online!” We only had one chance to make a first impression.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:08 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core

Thanks for posting that, did not know that before, but sadly the keynote Don links to is not available in the country I reside.

Anyway, I do not know much about browser engines and such or even website programming, but it was an interesting read and time travel.

And I especially liked this part, even not fully understanding its meaning (KHTML and such):
Quote:
What you also can’t hear on the video is someone about 15 to 20 rows behind where we were sitting — obviously expecting the word “Gecko” up there — shout at what seemed like the top of his lungs:

“WHAT THE ****!?”

KHTML may have been a bigger surprise than Apple doing a browser at all. And that moment was glorious. We had punk’d the entire crowd.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion