Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:56 AM   #76
Bubba Satori
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrhwkp3 View Post
Would you cut it out, Apple? Wait a ****ing little while.
Why?
Aren't new features a good thing?
Do the previous models tragically stop working?
Bubba Satori is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:57 AM   #77
dojoman
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotluck View Post
I don't think the current mini is superior enough to the nexus 7 to justify the increased price.

/flamesuit
Really? have you compared Nexus 7 to ipad mini? Nexus 7 feels like a brick in hand.
dojoman is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:57 AM   #78
gotluck
macrumors 68040

I really wish they would add GPS to the wifi models
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:58 AM   #79
tonyshaker
macrumors member

No man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissaragi View Post
And yet you bought an ipad 4? No one forces you to buy the newest one each time.
No mate. your right no one forces me to buy something i don't want. but I'm not going to by a older ipad when there is a new one available, am i. and no I'm not going to buy the newest one each time but is it logical to keep releasing a new ipad every 5-6 months and when iOS 8 is out they say its not compatible with my ipad although it would function fine just like Siri and the iPhone 4. and how do you know weather i by the newest item every time???????
tonyshaker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:58 AM   #80
gotluck
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojoman View Post
Really? have you compared Nexus 7 to ipad mini? Nexus 7 feels like a brick in hand.
more to it than 'feeling' imo. value means something too.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:59 AM   #81
JS82712
Banned

I think apple should preview iOS 7 with some major features to impress people when they launch these new iPads

My frustration comes from apple's lack of innovation on the software side.
JS82712 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:59 AM   #82
tmoney468
macrumors 6502

Retina iPad Mini and I'm sold. Love the form factor
tmoney468 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:59 AM   #83
alirz
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS82712 View Post
Galaxy nexus is as fast as iPhone 5? Who are you kidding?

I have both and the difference is obvious. Don't believe it? Feel free to check the benchmarks.

Btw, iPhone 5 is the fastest phone on the planet currently. Do your homework before posting garbage.
Dude, stop freaking out. Im well aware how high the benchmarks are for the iphone5. im not disputing that.
Im simply saying that i've used the nexus e.g for games and stuff and i did my own real life tests and load times etc were the same. Not to mention a better screen contrast, ability to play all sorts of videos. A 1000% better notification center with toggles etc..dude you seriously cannot say that the nexus is nothing compared to the iphone5. Talk about features and probably any android phone wins. I do love my iphone, but you cant deny the nexus or any phone with stock android OS on it.
alirz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:01 AM   #84
JS82712
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyshaker View Post
No mate. your right no one forces me to buy something i don't want. but I'm not going to by a older ipad when there is a new one available, am i. and no I'm not going to buy the newest one each time but is it logical to keep releasing a new ipad every 5-6 months and when iOS 8 is out they say its not compatible with my ipad although it would function fine just like Siri and the iPhone 4. and how do you know weather i by the newest item every time???????
Calm down, you are angry because you are scared that future software updates might drop support for your device more quickly

But looking back, older iOS devices are still running nicely and being updated to the latest OS, just without certain new features.

It's just a tablet, you will survive
JS82712 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:02 AM   #85
crossifixio
macrumors regular

Its competitive world!

Why do people expect Apple to refresh once a year!! Yes they did that before but so what! Things are moving very quickly! I had the original iPhone then upgraded to 3GS and now I have the 4S. Do I really care about having iPhone 5? No not really. I have an iPad 2 and honestly could not care about what the latest iPad has. Mine is fast and I can use any app I want on it. There are millions of customers out there that Apple wants to use their products. They need to update and have the latest to attract new customers. So enjoy your iOS device and stop moaning. At least you can afford one. Rant over!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:03 AM   #86
JS82712
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alirz View Post
Dude, stop freaking out. Im well aware how high the benchmarks are for the iphone5. im not disputing that.
Im simply saying that i've used the nexus e.g for games and stuff and i did my own real life tests and load times etc were the same. Not to mention a better screen contrast, ability to play all sorts of videos. A 1000% better notification center with toggles etc..dude you seriously cannot say that the nexus is nothing compared to the iphone5. Talk about features and probably any android phone wins. I do love my iphone, but you cant deny the nexus or any phone with stock android OS on it.
Yes, stock android is impressive
But the galaxy nexus is possibly one of the worst nexus ever made

The screen is terrible compared to other android phones (pentile, over saturated )
Battery life- 3hr screen time...what a joke
JS82712 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:04 AM   #87
zhenlek
macrumors newbie

I doubt it

They can't even keep up with demand for the current mini
zhenlek is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:04 AM   #88
DDaddyx2
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcamfork View Post
I used to feel like this. I bought an iPad mini a few months ago and I couldn't love it any more than I do now. I don't mind if they put out a newer one in March. If I like it, I'll buy it and sell the old one. That's the great thing about Apple products: their resale value. It's one of the main reason everything I own is Apple-branded.
Excellent point. Every upgrade of an Apple product only costs half the price due to the resale value. I don't have a problem with Apple going to a 6 month cycle. It will be up to the buyer whether the upgrade is worth it. Apple is just offering upgrades, and iOS updates still work with older models.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:06 AM   #89
Nightarchaon
macrumors 65816

Nice , this means ill be able to upgrade from my iPad 1 to the iPad mini 1 for next to nothing

no need for retina on the mini, i tend to hold my current iPad far enough away that i cant tell the difference between its non-retina screen and the current gens retina display anyway so retina is not a big deal for me.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:07 AM   #90
Bruce Oksol
macrumors member

New business model?

If indeed this is a new business model: to launch when ready, rather than on a set schedule, this is huge.

Currently, Apple fans fall into two groups of complainers: a) Apple takes too long to refresh; and, b) Apple refreshes too often, making products obsolete too soon.

But most folks buying Apple are not Apple fans (unlike the good old days, back in the 80's and 90's). The average gadget buyer doesn't wait around for the "NEXT" best thing. The average gadget buyer is looking for the best product "NOW."

Over time, "re-fresh" will morph into continuous improvement. Yearly roll outs on schedule is a model of the US automobile industry. Someday, hopefully, we will no longer see "version #1, or #2, or #3" -- just simply the iPad.

Whether this is an accurate observation; whether this is a new business model; time will tell.

But Apple is not afraid of risk. Maybe this is how Tim Cook sets himself apart from his predecessor.
Bruce Oksol is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:08 AM   #91
bigboar
macrumors 6502

as much as i disliked the mini i had and returned for the 4, I will buy the mini 2 if it has retina for sure. the form factor is great...
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:09 AM   #92
wickoo
macrumors member

This is what I think might be the reason behind such a quick upgrade: http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/11/38...-apple-in-2013
wickoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:09 AM   #93
BvizioN
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Skype™ to BvizioN
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhandri View Post
they will lose so many customers if they keep releasing ipads every 5-6 months until now you knew your device would atleast be the newest for atleast 1 year.... now this just sucks
So what if it's not the newest?
It still does things that you need right? What's the big deal if you skip a generation or 2?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:09 AM   #94
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Why isn't anybody questioning this story?? Checks at CES? What the heck is that?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:10 AM   #95
bumblehat
macrumors regular

I've never seen so many jimmies get rustled over something so trivial.

I bought a mini, and I will happily re-sell it (taking a loss) and upgrade to the next mini. It's that great a device.

If I can't afford that, I'll wait and save.

People need to stop taking business decisions by a giant for-profit company so personally. Jesus.
bumblehat is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:10 AM   #96
rmwebs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyshaker View Post
There just milking people for there money i have just got my ipad 4 about 6 weeks ago and now its going to be outdated by apples new ipads its just getting to much and to stupid to keep realising new ipads with out any major change so what ipad 4 is twice as fast as ipad 3 it doesnt matter no app uses all of the ipad 4 processor power.
Nobody forces you to buy it.

If you buy a new iPad "because its new" you really need to take a long hard look at your priorities in life.
rmwebs is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:10 AM   #97
alirz
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS82712 View Post
Yes, stock android is impressive
But the galaxy nexus is possibly one of the worst nexus ever made

The screen is terrible compared to other android phones (pentile, over saturated )
Battery life- 3hr screen time...what a joke
the last two points are totally not true in real life experience.
alirz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:10 AM   #98
mono1980
macrumors 6502

The mini will NOT get retina this soon. Keep dreaming, people. It will probably just get an A6 chip.
mono1980 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:12 AM   #99
rmwebs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidorian View Post
Something is pushing this upset in Apple's release cycle. I stick with 12-18 months. Then again pay more attention to Intel, AMD, and nVidia's schedules.
Yup. Healthy competition is finally starting to appear in the tablet market.
rmwebs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:12 AM   #100
ob81
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to ob81 Send a message via MSN to ob81
You don't have to upgrade every single time a new iPad comes out. There are still millions of people who don't use an iPad. These updates are for them. Not you. You already gave Apple your money. People who update every time are actually "bonuses".

Stop getting mad that they are releasing products. Get the iPad that works for you and stick with it for a while. Simple.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion