Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:26 AM   #126
absurdamerica
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhandri View Post
they will lose so many customers if they keep releasing ipads every 5-6 months until now you knew your device would atleast be the newest for atleast 1 year.... now this just sucks
Nonsense. I skip every other generation of iPhone as the S releases aren't compelling reasons to buy every time and I'm still a very happy Apple customer.

The rest of the marketplace is releasing in 6 month intervals, Apple adopting the same strategy won't lose them customers at all, some customers may delay purchasing longer, some customers may purchase more, and new customers will be attracted by a more rapidly growing feature set.
absurdamerica is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:26 AM   #127
wovel
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicated View Post
wtf? Do you have a clue about what you're saying?
We can assume not.
wovel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:26 AM   #128
mono1980
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS82712 View Post
I heard the very same thing last year before the retina ipad launched. Bookmark this comment so we can laugh at this guy when it happens.
Have you seen how thick the retina iPad is? And they did not make it thinner when they updated to the 4. It's not going to happen if they want to keep it the same thickness. Remember, it will have the same number of pixels as the iPad 4 when it happens.
mono1980 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:27 AM   #129
Szarky
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiphunt View Post
Truth be told, although the retina screen is nice and it's snappier... the benefits were not worth the loss I took. Granted, I'm glad I don't have to maintain two sets of cables etc. but all the reviewers and Apple sites like this one who just went on raving and raving about how much better the new one was... were just blowing Apple's marketing smoke.
I've been a bit worried of this happening to me as well, not really caring or noticing that big of a difference from my 2. I really feel like the 2nd was the best one to get, 3rd got heavier and gets hot on the back, 4 is the same. I always love when people make ridiculous statements like "the Mini screen is awful" haha like it's really THAT obvious the difference.
Szarky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:27 AM   #130
likemyorbs
Banned

Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
I'm still in disbelief that they launched the first one without Retina.
likemyorbs is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:28 AM   #131
Amazing Iceman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post
There have, however, been growing rumors of shorter update cycles being part of a new strategy for Apple as it seeks to remain competitive in the fast-moving mobile device market and smooth out its sales somewhat throughout the year.
[/url]
IMO, shorter updates may have a negative impact on iPad users, because:
1) iPads would depreciate much faster, lose value quickly!

2) Users would become frustrated to see their new iPad has quickly become old news.

3) Apple may lose focus on the quality of their products due to the need to rush it out for sale. Less time for R&D, testing, quality control, etc.

I don't think Apple has to worry about competition even at this time, as long as it has total focus of their goals with the iPad, and make sure to alway provide their users what they need.

And just in case this rumor is true, I'll start saving some money for it! Heheh!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:28 AM   #132
Dicx
macrumors Demi-God

$$$$

They need something to introduce for that 2nd qtr. Once you realize that Apple is all about the stock price now and screw Q&A, all of these hasty releases makes sense.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:28 AM   #133
mw360
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by basesloaded190 View Post
What the hell is a "check"?
Check:

Analyst: "Hey, I wanted to check whether you think Apple have a new iPad for March"
Industry Employee: "Who knows? I heard maybe."
mw360 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:30 AM   #134
jon9091
macrumors member

As long as they are updating every 3 months....I think it's time to ditch the Lightning connector too. It's had it's time. Next.

----------
jon9091 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:31 AM   #135
/V\acpower
macrumors 6502

I just bought a iPad 4 yesterday, and really I don't understand peoples complaining.

I mean, eventually the iPad 5 won't be the last thing. It's just technology.

the real problem was with the iPad 1 who was really lacking RAM and processing power for future iOS updates. iPad 2 which is still on sale remain decent, and iPad 3 & 4 have enough for a long support run.

Apart from being thinner and lighter, iPad 5 will offer an experience virtually identical to iPad 4 in the sense that they will both be able to run easily iOS 6 and eventually iOS 7-8 and most likely 9 at least.
/V\acpower is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:31 AM   #136
jon9091
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by likemyorbs View Post
I'm still in disbelief that they launched the first one without Retina.
The had to throw something under the tree, and suckers were buyin' 'em up like candy canes.
jon9091 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:31 AM   #137
Slackula
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wovel View Post
It will be exactly the same as when you bought it. If your decision was based entirely on wanting to be the one with the newest iPad, you will be disappointed.
Think of an iPad like a spouse. You can get a new one each time you see a better one come along, but it won't necessarily make your life any happier.
Slackula is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:32 AM   #138
newdeal
macrumors 68000

If the ipad 5 is thinner and lighter than my ipad 3 and faster to charge I will buy. If the mini has retina display it will piss me off but I will replace my wifes mini if I can get a good used price on her current mini.
newdeal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:32 AM   #139
Dicx
macrumors Demi-God

March

Keynote: 3/12
Pre-Sale: 3/15
On Sale: 3/22
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:32 AM   #140
Rogifan
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BvizioN View Post
Another one who can not do without the latest!
If the 4th gen iPad won't be outdated in March why do they need to release a 5th gen so soon? So the form factor is the same as the mini? Something they apparently couldn't do in October but now will be able to do in March?
Rogifan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:33 AM   #141
ufwa
macrumors regular

As long as they don't block older devices from updating to the latest OS for some BS reason. Go ahead speed of the release schedule for devices.
ufwa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:33 AM   #142
TG85
macrumors newbie

Why would you buy the mini without the retina display? That's your own fault for not thinking about that. I wouldn't buy an apple product without the retina.
TG85 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:34 AM   #143
Amazing Iceman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szarky View Post
I've been a bit worried of this happening to me as well, not really caring or noticing that big of a difference from my 2. I really feel like the 2nd was the best one to get, 3rd got heavier and gets hot on the back, 4 is the same. I always love when people make ridiculous statements like "the Mini screen is awful" haha like it's really THAT obvious the difference.
LOL, some people talk stuff they don't really know or understand.
Being the iPad Mini display smaller in size while retaining the same resolution as the iPad 2, it's actually a better display for having a higher pixel density.

IMO, I did like the iPad Mini, but I always say it's not for me. I like the size of the regular iPad.

And most of us can't upgrade every year, much less every 6 moths, so every time I upgrade, there have to be enough reasons to make the upgrade price worth it.

You did well by staying with the iPad 2. In my case, I had the iPad 1 and it was starting to become slow for me, reason why I got the iPad 3 as soon as it came out. Imagine how frustrated I got when a few months later the iPad 4 came out!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:35 AM   #144
danpass
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyshaker View Post
ahahahahahahahhaha mate your so funny.

Nottttttttttt

people like you shouldnt really be on these fourms they should be getting help from phycology doctors.
AND A SHHHHPELLLING DOCTOR!!!!11!111!
and
danpass is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:35 AM   #145
malexandria
macrumors 6502

Asking a "Friend"

Quote:
Originally Posted by basesloaded190 View Post
What the hell is a "check"?
It means asking some random stranger on the show floor "hey, buddy, do you think Apple with release an iPad in March?"
malexandria is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:36 AM   #146
Will do good
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorde View Post
The first iPad Mini was too little, too late. This is just playing catch up - again.
A newbie troll. Go away.
Will do good is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:38 AM   #147
Sound214
macrumors regular

I highly doubt Apple will update it's iPad lineup every six month. Sure, they may this time, but I'm quite certain last update was just to keep it consistent with the iPhone and the Mini by equipping it with lightning. To clarify: don't expect an update this fall.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:39 AM   #148
greg78x
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrhwkp3 View Post
Would you cut it out, Apple? Wait a ****ing little while.
Problem is, the mini display was outdated from day one! I demoed one at the Apple store and the resolution made it feel as though the device was a couple years old (even though the design looks like it is from the future!).
greg78x is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:40 AM   #149
Quu
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyshaker View Post
There just milking people for there money i have just got my ipad 4 about 6 weeks ago and now its going to be outdated by apples new ipads its just getting to much and to stupid to keep realising new ipads with out any major change so what ipad 4 is twice as fast as ipad 3 it doesnt matter no app uses all of the ipad 4 processor power.
So you buy products just to have the latest version? Not for the enjoyment the device gives you or how it expands your life or helps you?

Seriously I'm just sitting here with my iPad 2 happy as larry not even thinking about upgrading it because it just works. If anything the only reason I'd ever upgrade my iPad is when a new iOS release comes out that doesn't support my iPad.
Quu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:42 AM   #150
1080p
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhandri View Post
they will lose so many customers if they keep releasing ipads every 5-6 months until now you knew your device would atleast be the newest for atleast 1 year.... now this just sucks
I know! I just hate it when that happens! The fact that when Apple releases a new iPad the one you currently own immediately stops working is really troublesome!

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion