Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nbudh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
So I currently have a contract with sprint which doesn't end till October. I want to cancel the contract. I moved and I'm sick and tired of the ***** sprint service I've been getting for the past 3 months. I called sprint, told them I want to cancel. Well it's 1000 dollars.

So I told them, I'm moving out of the country. They said they will waive the fees and unlock my phones for me, but they said it won't activate in the US with any other carrier, which is what I want to do, (Verizon).

My question is, is that true? Or once my phone is unlocked, and contract is cancelled, I will be able to use it here and activate it here?

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
So I currently have a contract with sprint which doesn't end till October. I want to cancel the contract. I moved and I'm sick and tired of the ***** sprint service I've been getting for the past 3 months. I called sprint, told them I want to cancel. Well it's 1000 dollars.

So I told them, I'm moving out of the country. They said they will waive the fees and unlock my phones for me, but they said it won't activate in the US with any other carrier, which is what I want to do, (Verizon).

My question is, is that true? Or once my phone is unlocked, and contract is cancelled, I will be able to use it here and activate it here?

$1000? Sprint's ETF should be around $375 or less and go down each month. Anyway, an unlocked sprint iPhone will only work internationally, not domestically.

I would keep calling and complaining about their service. Maybe they'll send a technician and check up on their towers. I had issues with AT&T about a year or two ago, same thing, crappy service. I got them to pay my $180 bill a few times.

Sprint has a service booster just like AT&T, you should check into it http://now.sprint.com/airave/?ECID=vanity:airaveaccesspoint

Nbudh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
I've called sprint over a half dozen times. According to them, they are installing a 4g tower in my area and that is affecting the service. Funny thing is, we have a family plan, and 2 of the lines work perfectly. Only 2 have problems. Ones a lot worse than the other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.