Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
LG reportedly halts Nexus 4 production to make way for new Nexus device. Will any recent Nexus 4 buyers be royally pissed if this is true? I'm starting to regret paying the massive premium I did to get my hands on one.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
I'll wait until it happens before I start flipping tables.

Not worth getting pent up over rumours at this point.

Last edited:

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
LG reportedly halts Nexus 4 production to make way for new Nexus device. Will any recent Nexus 4 buyers be royally pissed if this is true? I'm starting to regret paying the massive premium I did to get my hands on one.

Yes I will be a bit pissed off but only because I don't have the money to buy whatever new Nexus this is :p Any links?

I'll probably end up selling my HTC 8X so I can afford it.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
No way, a new Nexus 5 is coming out anytime soon. Nexus phones have been on a firm Nov/Dec release, for four years straight. I expect the Nexus 5 in November.

Now there is a slight possibility, due to the Nexus 4 screw up, we see the Nexus 5 sooner, after Google I/O in Summer, showing off Android 5.0 key Lime Pie. Earliest we might see that new phone would be June / July, in time to compete with the new iPhone 5S, going back to the Summer release again.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
No way, a new Nexus 5 is coming out anytime soon. Nexus phones have been on a firm Nov/Dec release, for four years straight. I expect the Nexus 5 in November.

Now there is a slight possibility, due to the Nexus 4 screw up, we see the Nexus 5 sooner, after Google I/O in Summer, showing off Android 5.0 key Lime Pie. Earliest we might see that new phone would be June / July, in time to compete with the new iPhone 5S, going back to the Summer release again.

Definitely sounds more plausible. Besides, what big flaws are there with the Nexus 4 that they need to replace it with a new model? I have one and I haven't had any issues. If anything needs fixing it's the software.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
Please galaxy nexus 2. Samsung was a better choice for the nexus program.

Except the over saturated and somewhat dim screens in bright settings. I personally prefer the design and screen of the Nexus 4. My only gripe is no SD card slot and the paltry storage options they offer. I can live with a non removable battery.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Except the over saturated and somewhat dim screens in bright settings. I personally prefer the design and screen of the Nexus 4. My only gripe is no SD card slot and the paltry storage options they offer. I can live with a non removable battery.

My galaxy nexus's screen is fine and is much brighter than the s3's screen. The saturation is toned down compared to the s3. Also atleast samsung could produce enough nexus's. LG has barely made any.

vikingjunior

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2011
Google might of told LG "Don't bother you can't keep up with demand". Then got on the phone with a real manufacturer *cough* Samsung and said let's create a Nexus 5.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Google might of told LG "Don't bother you can't keep up with demand". Then got on the phone with a real manufacturer *cough* Samsung and said let's create a Nexus 5.

Maybe, just maybe. But I doubt we'd see a Nexus 5, until after Google I/O in late Spring, not before hand.

Has Google made any official statement lately regarding the Nexus 4 stoppage ? Someone needs to e-mail Matias Duarte, ask WTF man ?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'd say that its not an accurate rumor/news story - the N4 is very new and they
re unable to keep up on demand - why release a new version

EbookReader

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2012
someone posted this on tmonews

All news articles zero in on one "source" from an Australian site, and offers no definitive proof. The author of that article also wrote a few others, titled "Robert Pattinson Trying to get Kristen Stewart Pregnant? " and "Justin Bieber Said Mean Words to Selena Gomez After Breaking Up? " so we all know how much truth there is to this one... I'm not joking with the article titles

It's easy to make up news to get clicks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.