Will a Chinese iphone 4 work on T-Mobile/AT&T Frequencies? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:15 PM   #1
Phokus
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Will a Chinese iphone 4 work on T-Mobile/AT&T Frequencies?

I'm surprised i'm having so much trouble finding info on China's version of the iphone 4 (the GSM version) on google. I'm trying to find out their frequencies they use.

Anyone know if they're compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile? Also with T-Mobile's HSPA+/4G?

Thanks!
Phokus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:18 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
If its a GSM iphone and if its unlocked it will work with any gsm sim.
Only way to really know is try it I guess.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:28 PM   #3
Phokus
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
If its a GSM iphone and if its unlocked it will work with any gsm sim.
Only way to really know is try it I guess.
Yeah i figured... just wondering if it'll get 3g and possibly 4g frequencies though.
Phokus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:30 PM   #4
Menel
macrumors 68040
 
Menel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phokus View Post
I'm surprised i'm having so much trouble finding info on China's version of the iphone 4 (the GSM version) on google. I'm trying to find out their frequencies they use.

Anyone know if they're compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile? Also with T-Mobile's HSPA+/4G?

Thanks!
GSM 3G/4G all iPhone 5's are world phones.
LTE: China version will not work on US/Can at LTE speed.

This doesn't list China, but I would assume the bottom one.
http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/
__________________
iPhone 5, iPad Air TMo, Mac mini i5
Menel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:31 PM   #5
Nermal
Moderator
 
Nermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Whakatane, New Zealand
I know that one of the Chinese iPhones didn't support Wi-Fi but I'm not sure which model it was. It'd pay to double-check.
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:34 PM   #6
Phokus
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel View Post
GSM 3G/4G all iPhone 5's are world phones.
LTE: China version will not work on US/Can at LTE speed.

This doesn't list China, but I would assume the bottom one.
http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/
Yeah, not too concerned about not being able to use LTE. Wondering if HSPA+ on t-mobile will work though (i think they were adding the 1900 mhz frequency for that to work with iphone's, IIRC).
Phokus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:35 PM   #7
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phokus View Post
Yeah, not too concerned about not being able to use LTE. Wondering if HSPA+ on t-mobile will work though (i think they were adding the 1900 mhz frequency for that to work with iphone's, IIRC).
Yep, my guess is if you're on a refarmed Tmobile 3G area you will get their fast 1900 hspa+ speeds.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:41 PM   #8
Phokus
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Yep, my guess is if you're on a refarmed Tmobile 3G area you will get their fast 1900 hspa+ speeds.
Cool, hope so too thanks
Phokus is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:22 PM   #9
Mrbobb
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Yes but NO SOY SAUCE!

Only the U.S. has the chutzpah to make something nobody else can use.
Mrbobb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will any used At&t iPhone 5 work on T-Mobile?? Iphone4sinwhite iPhone 13 Jan 6, 2014 10:37 AM
Will China Mobile 5S have GSM frequencies? Temuco iPhone 1 Nov 24, 2013 05:55 PM
Carrier: iPhone unlocks AT&T, Verizon to work to t-mobile sotorious iPhone 2 Sep 23, 2013 06:08 PM
Chinese Officials License iPhone to Run on China Mobile's Wireless Standard MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 82 Sep 18, 2013 07:07 AM
Will Unlocked iPhone 5s with T-Mobile SIM work with AT&T LTE after switching SIM? howierr iPhone 7 Sep 15, 2013 01:50 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC