Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myc6toy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
Just found this on the web.
"Apple is blaming LG Display for delays of its über-thin 27 inch iMacs, according to DigiTimes sources.

The greatest revision to Apple's new iMac is arguably its screens, which are now only 5mm shallow. Not surprisingly, LG is having a troublesome time laminating them and as a result, is sending out fewer numbers for assembly.

Approximately 100,000 27 inch iMacs are being shipped monthly, in comparison to 300-400,000 21.5 inch iMacs being shipped. Apple is expected to dent these supply shortages by February.

This is the second time Apple has postponed delivery of its 27 inch iMacs. Ordering an iMac now involves delivery times between three and four weeks. Although making consumers wait for shimmery new products helps build hype, Apple's wait times tend to shrink over time as production improves. "

Written by Tony Ibrahim | Friday | 11/01/2013

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Just found this on the web.
"Apple is blaming LG Display for delays of its über-thin 27 inch iMacs, according to DigiTimes sources.

The greatest revision to Apple's new iMac is arguably its screens, which are now only 5mm shallow. Not surprisingly, LG is having a troublesome time laminating them and as a result, is sending out fewer numbers for assembly.

Approximately 100,000 27 inch iMacs are being shipped monthly, in comparison to 300-400,000 21.5 inch iMacs being shipped. Apple is expected to dent these supply shortages by February.

This is the second time Apple has postponed delivery of its 27 inch iMacs. Ordering an iMac now involves delivery times between three and four weeks. Although making consumers wait for shimmery new products helps build hype, Apple's wait times tend to shrink over time as production improves. "

Written by Tony Ibrahim | Friday | 11/01/2013

Good to know. Wish I could build a time machine to zoom to the end of January. :) ... still shows processing, "Ships: January" :-(

pauldy

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2007
But isn't DigiTimes notoriously always wrong?

Hit or miss but this seems legit. This is also pretty well known from early December so not really new news but maybe new news to some. I knew it well before I even placed my order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.