Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:24 PM   #1
sfwalter
macrumors 6502a

Disable Updates in Mac App Store for Certain Apps

Is there away to prevent updates from showing up in the Mac App Store App for apps I no longer use? For example there's some apps I installed but don't use anymore and really don't care about future updates.

Thanks in advance, Scott
sfwalter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:34 PM   #2
James Craner
macrumors 68000

If you hover your mouse over the listing in the Purchases Tab in the Mac App Store you will see a x in a circle by Install / Installed button, if you click that it will hide the App, and you will not see updates listed. You can unhide the App by going into your account under Store>View My Account.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:00 AM   #3
peixesloucos
macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am trying to update all the software that is installed on my MacBook Pro (Late 2011). Do you think this makes sense? For example I am not using iPhoto but LightRoom but I am updating iPhoto when I get the reminder.

Any comments?
peixesloucos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:58 AM   #4
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by peixesloucos View Post
Hello,

I am trying to update all the software that is installed on my MacBook Pro (Late 2011). Do you think this makes sense? For example I am not using iPhoto but LightRoom but I am updating iPhoto when I get the reminder.

Any comments?
If you have the software on your computer, you should update it in case you ever use it. iPhoto updates aren't all that often and are usually fairly small so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalter View Post
Is there away to prevent updates from showing up in the Mac App Store App for apps I no longer use? For example there's some apps I installed but don't use anymore and really don't care about future updates.

Thanks in advance, Scott
As James said, hide the apps in question, Apple has instructions on how to hide and unhide purchases.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:51 PM   #5
peixesloucos
macrumors newbie

Thank you for the comment. I also think that all software including the ones preinstalled in the system should be up-to-date. I will keep updating my system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
If you have the software on your computer, you should update it in case you ever use it. iPhoto updates aren't all that often and are usually fairly small so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

----------

As James said, hide the apps in question, Apple has instructions on how to hide and unhide purchases.
peixesloucos is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store