Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
Is there away to prevent updates from showing up in the Mac App Store App for apps I no longer use? For example there's some apps I installed but don't use anymore and really don't care about future updates.

Thanks in advance, Scott

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
If you hover your mouse over the listing in the Purchases Tab in the Mac App Store you will see a x in a circle by Install / Installed button, if you click that it will hide the App, and you will not see updates listed. You can unhide the App by going into your account under Store>View My Account.

peixesloucos

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2012
Brussels
Hello,

I am trying to update all the software that is installed on my MacBook Pro (Late 2011). Do you think this makes sense? For example I am not using iPhoto but LightRoom but I am updating iPhoto when I get the reminder.

Any comments?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Hello,

I am trying to update all the software that is installed on my MacBook Pro (Late 2011). Do you think this makes sense? For example I am not using iPhoto but LightRoom but I am updating iPhoto when I get the reminder.

Any comments?
If you have the software on your computer, you should update it in case you ever use it. iPhoto updates aren't all that often and are usually fairly small so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

----------

Is there away to prevent updates from showing up in the Mac App Store App for apps I no longer use? For example there's some apps I installed but don't use anymore and really don't care about future updates.

Thanks in advance, Scott
As James said, hide the apps in question, Apple has instructions on how to hide and unhide purchases.

peixesloucos

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2012
Brussels
Thank you for the comment. I also think that all software including the ones preinstalled in the system should be up-to-date. I will keep updating my system.

If you have the software on your computer, you should update it in case you ever use it. iPhoto updates aren't all that often and are usually fairly small so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

----------

As James said, hide the apps in question, Apple has instructions on how to hide and unhide purchases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.