Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:24 PM   #1
sfwalter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Disable Updates in Mac App Store for Certain Apps

Is there away to prevent updates from showing up in the Mac App Store App for apps I no longer use? For example there's some apps I installed but don't use anymore and really don't care about future updates.

Thanks in advance, Scott
sfwalter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:34 PM   #2
James Craner
macrumors 68000
 
James Craner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Bristol, UK
If you hover your mouse over the listing in the Purchases Tab in the Mac App Store you will see a x in a circle by Install / Installed button, if you click that it will hide the App, and you will not see updates listed. You can unhide the App by going into your account under Store>View My Account.
__________________
Productivity Orchard Be more productive with your Mac
James Craner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:00 AM   #3
peixesloucos
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Brussels
Hello,

I am trying to update all the software that is installed on my MacBook Pro (Late 2011). Do you think this makes sense? For example I am not using iPhoto but LightRoom but I am updating iPhoto when I get the reminder.

Any comments?
peixesloucos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:58 AM   #4
Bear
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Sol III - Terra
Quote:
Originally Posted by peixesloucos View Post
Hello,

I am trying to update all the software that is installed on my MacBook Pro (Late 2011). Do you think this makes sense? For example I am not using iPhoto but LightRoom but I am updating iPhoto when I get the reminder.

Any comments?
If you have the software on your computer, you should update it in case you ever use it. iPhoto updates aren't all that often and are usually fairly small so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalter View Post
Is there away to prevent updates from showing up in the Mac App Store App for apps I no longer use? For example there's some apps I installed but don't use anymore and really don't care about future updates.

Thanks in advance, Scott
As James said, hide the apps in question, Apple has instructions on how to hide and unhide purchases.
__________________
-----Bear
Bear is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:51 PM   #5
peixesloucos
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Brussels
Thank you for the comment. I also think that all software including the ones preinstalled in the system should be up-to-date. I will keep updating my system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
If you have the software on your computer, you should update it in case you ever use it. iPhoto updates aren't all that often and are usually fairly small so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

----------

As James said, hide the apps in question, Apple has instructions on how to hide and unhide purchases.
peixesloucos is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disable Beta Updates In App Store Intelligent OS X Mavericks (10.9) 13 Apr 28, 2014 06:56 AM
Resolved: Problem downloading apps and updates from Mac App Store netsped OS X Mavericks (10.9) 0 Mar 14, 2014 05:21 PM
Mavericks - Updates App Store Apps Automatically, but not iTunes Apps? skitzogreg OS X Mavericks (10.9) 0 Oct 23, 2013 03:20 PM
Apple Updates OS X Server, Adds Caching to Speed Distribution of Mac App Store Updates MacRumors Mac Blog Discussion 26 Dec 12, 2012 01:26 AM
how to disable app store asking for password when updating apps? unlimitedx iPhone 11 Sep 27, 2012 12:37 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC