Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Darryjr
macrumors member

Longtime android user , switched to iOS and have a few questions.

First off, hi all. Been an android user for ever, bought wife iphone for Christmas after tinkering with it, I was hooked, went out and picked up iphone 5 , black, 32gb, love it, but have a couple of questions. With android I could pinch to zoom on all websites, regardless of which browser I was using, I have tried this with safari and chrome on iPhone and don't get same results. Why is this? Same sites I used on android, same browser, and it will do it with some of them but not all. Second question, I went to app market, downloaded some free ringtones and alert tones, went to apply them , and they are not in my sounds.. Where do they go when downloaded? I checked in iTunes they weren't there. In android once I download a tone it automatically goes into my sounds, scroll,, and apply. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.......
Darryjr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:55 PM   #2
chakraj
macrumors 65816

What doesnt it just work? I always thought that was the allure of IOS... Hmm?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:55 PM   #3
cheezeit
macrumors 6502

I know with sounds you gotta ususally transfer them to iTunes. Not sure why your pinch to zoom isn't working though....
cheezeit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:18 PM   #4
albertxp06
macrumors regular

There are some websites that just can't be pinch-zoomed regardless of browser on iOS. Not sure why, but it's usually the mobile version of websites.

As for sounds, try downloading them in iTunes. Then drag and drop to your phone.
albertxp06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:26 PM   #5
tys
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertxp06 View Post
There are some websites that just can't be pinch-zoomed regardless of browser on iOS. Not sure why, but it's usually the mobile version of websites.
Like THIS site for example!
It would be nice if pinch zoom worked everywhere.
tys is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:29 AM   #6
DodgeV83
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryjr View Post
First off, hi all. Been an android user for ever, bought wife iphone for Christmas after tinkering with it, I was hooked, went out and picked up iphone 5 , black, 32gb, love it, but have a couple of questions. With android I could pinch to zoom on all websites, regardless of which browser I was using, I have tried this with safari and chrome on iPhone and don't get same results. Why is this? Same sites I used on android, same browser, and it will do it with some of them but not all. Second question, I went to app market, downloaded some free ringtones and alert tones, went to apply them , and they are not in my sounds.. Where do they go when downloaded? I checked in iTunes they weren't there. In android once I download a tone it automatically goes into my sounds, scroll,, and apply. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.......
Some websites explicitly tell Safari to not allow you to pinch to zoom. Usually this is done when in the mobile view of the site. One way around this is to use a browser like iCab. There's a setting in iCab that allows you to zoom on any site, even if the site doesn't want you to.
DodgeV83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone