Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:08 PM   #1
iHateMacs
macrumors 6502a

The operation canít be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -50

Hi,
I am trying to find out what this error means. I have searched here and on google and cannot find any reference to -50.

I am trying to read from a 64gb Micro SDXC card that was used in a GoPro Hero 3 camera. It is formatted as EXFAT.

The card reader I am using is a Sandisk SDDR 113 which supposedly can only read SDHC cards up to 32gb.

I have used the reader to successfully write files onto the SDXC card well beyond the 32gb threshold.

At the time I got the error, less than 32gb was used. I have since recorded more video onto the card and these later files can be read ok but if I try the two files that give the "(error code -50)" they still do.

Is it likely this error is related to an incompatibility between the card and the reader or should I just reformat the card and accept the loss of these two files or is there something else I can do.

For a few errors I have seen, deleting a plist somewhere is sometimes the answer.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help