Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

morty192

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Have just downloaded Pulp Fiction and now have two separate files is it really supposed to look like this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-12 at 00.15.59.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-12 at 00.15.59.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 203

JaHull

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2009
England
This is how my iTunes extras appear for the film Thor which I think is the way they are meant to be displayed in iTunes 11 (Notice there is a button under the year to play the extras)
If you right click on the movie and click 'Show in Finder' the iTunes extra file should be a .ite
Then again it could be that for Pulp Fiction the extras are just a .m4v file which could imply why they are showing as a separate movie.

Attachments

• Thor.png
    Thor.png
    248.8 KB · Views: 218

Berek

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
This is how my iTunes extras appear for the film Thor which I think is the way they are meant to be displayed in iTunes 11 (Notice there is a button under the year to play the extras)
If you right click on the movie and click 'Show in Finder' the iTunes extra file should be a .ite
Then again it could be that for Pulp Fiction the extras are just a .m4v file which could imply why they are showing as a separate movie.

I'm having the same problem as the OP. The extras are a .ite file too. I don't know why they're appearing as two files. I've tried everything to fix it including the whole compilation trick. This has to be a bug. If anyone can fix this please respond.

Berek

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
I'm having this problem too. Has a fix been found yet? This is ridiculous.

benh911f

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
I've had the issue as well. Deleting both files completely and redownloading from the Purchased tab in iTunes seemed to work.

Podifer

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2012
This sometimes happens to me aswell - did this week with Skyfall for example. If you don't want to, or can't redownload from iTunes, then I've found simply copying the movie's folder to a different location, deleting from iTunes library and then re-adding to the library again seems to do the trick.

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
If you have re-tagged the films properties in any way, it de-couples itself from the extras and appears as a different file (very annoying if like me you want to change sort order for films so they appear in order of release rather than name order)

hedleylammarr

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
Oxford, England
If you delete the items in iTunes but keep the files. Then access iTunes folder in finder, make sure both film and extra are in the same folder. Drag & drap to desktop and then drag and drop (from desktop) to the film category in iTunes

Ta da

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Same issue here. It seems to separate the menu from the movie. Not sure why. My solution was to delete movies from iTunes list and files from iTunes folder (iTunes/Itunes Media/Movies). I them downloaded it from iCloud and viola, we now have it all as one file instead of two. Just trying to download it from iTunes Store after deleting it still gave me two files. Took the cloud to get it for me. Hope this helps someone else as well!

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
If you delete the items in iTunes but keep the files. Then access iTunes folder in finder, make sure both film and extra are in the same folder. Drag & drap to desktop and then drag and drop (from desktop) to the film category in iTunes

Ta da

I had the same issue this morning (because I'd been playing with the files manually) and doing this fixed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.