Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:28 AM   #1
fracontie
macrumors newbie

Selling advice

Hello folks!

I want to sell my MacBook Pro 15" (mid2009) that has a "service battery" unsolved, hence a battery working time of just under 3 hours.

Everything else (including estethics - I have OCD... ) is as perfect as new!

Would you recommend me to change the battery myself (at Apple of course) and then sell it, or to leave that for the buyer and consider this in the price?

Also what would it be a fair price - keeping in mind that this machine is very very good. I mean, again esthetically it does not have a scratch and it is still very quick. Unfortunately this was the last model with intel Core Duo (not i7).. I am changing it towards the portability of the MBA.

Thanks!
Fra
fracontie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:32 AM   #2
designs216
macrumors 65816

I have the same model and would not do any upgrades prior to selling. The pristine condition will help you move it but won't necessarily allow a higher price. Check out eBay to get an idea what people are asking. You'll see a wide gamut but price it around $550 so you have some bargaining room. I would also try to sell it via Craigslist so you won't have to shell out for shipping.
designs216 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice