Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:01 AM   #1
UncleheFTy
macrumors member

One time use keys

I have discussed something similar here previously but may have been using the wrong terminology. I am hoping to give away advance copies of a book created using iBooks Author as part of a promotional push before selling it in the iTunes/ibook platform. Ideally what I would like to have is a 'one time use' key code - similar to that employed by Adobe for some of their paid for software. What I want is a small file that can be used in the same folder that 'forces' the user to enter the key and if they have already downloaded the file to get them to contact us.

The reason - to reduce the potential for bootlegging.

Can anyone help please?

Uncle H
UncleheFTy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store