Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 10, 2014, 04:05 AM   #1
Zettt
macrumors newbie

Record work time. Inspiration needed.

Hi everyone,

I want to record the time that I spend with certain activity and am looking for some inspiration to do this. What I try to achieve:

Every week/month has a certain time I want to spend on a particular activity, e.g. acquisition and prospects, project management, emailing, etc.

I'm looking for an easy way to say "I want to set aside 10 hours per week for emails". Every time I spent time emailing, I would go ahead and enter the time I just spent emailing. The app/work sheet/whatever then calculates how much times is still left that week. At the end of the week I could see how much time I actually spent emailing, and therefore make changes for the upcoming week. Say I set aside 10 hours, but then it took me 12. My estimation wasn't correct, so I would set it to 12 the next, and see how things go.

How would you go about this? A spreadsheet? A piece of paper? An app? My first thoughts were: Calca, Soulver, a spreadsheet, TimeRescue.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Zettt is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store