Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:39 AM   #1
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Match vs Uploaded and how to fix

First off is this the best place (by best place I mean best part of this forum) to post an iTunes match question?

Here is my question, I have just started using iTunes match, I have about 300 songs that were uploaded and not matched. What is the best way to resolve this.

Most of the them are in iTunes, so i am not sure why they were not matched. Some examples are the Beatles White album and Abbey Road.

I am going to re-rip from CD and try again, how do I go about deleting them from the "uploaded" songs before I re-rip. Is this even the best approach?

Last edited by From A Buick 8; Jan 12, 2013 at 08:59 AM.
From A Buick 8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:30 AM   #2
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

You're going to end up wasting your time. There's an issue with Match and not all songs from an album, even if available in iTunes, getting matched.

If you do want to try it again, delete the uploaded songs and select remove from iCloud when prompted. Then try to re-rip or import your songs again.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:10 AM   #3
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
You're going to end up wasting your time. There's an issue with Match and not all songs from an album, even if available in iTunes, getting matched.

If you do want to try it again, delete the uploaded songs and select remove from iCloud when prompted. Then try to re-rip or import your songs again.
Thanks for that, I have gone through some of the ones that bothered me the most, I was successful on a few (re-ripping).

After that (and buying about 10 songs) that cleaned most of the ones that I will most likely actually listen too. I have about 100 others that I no longer have CD for and I may just live with the lower bit rate version.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:43 PM   #4
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Yeah, I've learned to just live with it. I have about 1000-2000 that weren't matched out of my 15k library and I've been successful on some, but not at all. I decided to just not care. Maybe one day I'll go through and see what I can do, but not until I know Apple's matching has gotten better.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:09 PM   #5
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
Yeah, I've learned to just live with it. I have about 1000-2000 that weren't matched out of my 15k library and I've been successful on some, but not at all. I decided to just not care. Maybe one day I'll go through and see what I can do, but not until I know Apple's matching has gotten better.
So i had some songs that the rips were not great (skips) and those were matched and i deleated the "bad" rip and downloaded the matched song from iTunes.

So that was a great plus of the service
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:18 PM   #6
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by From A Buick 8 View Post
So i had some songs that the rips were not great (skips) and those were matched and i deleated the "bad" rip and downloaded the matched song from iTunes.

So that was a great plus of the service

Just make sure you always keep your original files. Match has had issues with either giving you the wrong song, or censoring an explicit song. If you've checked the song and it's good, it's probably safe to delete the original. I keep all of my originals on a separate HDD just in case.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:06 PM   #7
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Good idea

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services