Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:22 AM   #1
peterv6
macrumors newbie

Can't login to iChat

For some reason, I can no longer login to iChat. When iChat starts up, the "Chat Buddies" list comes up with my name and "Offline". If I try to change the status to Available, nothing happens. If I go to the iChat menu and click on login, nothing happens. Anyone have an idea how to fix this? Thanks...
peterv6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:19 PM   #2
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

iChat is the application/software to connect to various messaging services like AIM, Jabber, and starting with 10.6, Yahoo. What messaging service did you have set up in iChat? Check iChat preferences and then Accounts to see if your account is even there or if you need to correct the username or password.
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store