Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:53 PM   #1
iSensei
Banned

iPhone 5 buyers remorse

I feel bad for spending over 100$ in accessories for my iPhone 5 with the fast approaching Galaxy S4. I miss the LED notification, being able to call a contact who just texted me simply by raising the phone to my ear, etc. etc.

If I could go back in time...one month I would lol. With the Galaxy S4 coming in March I'm probably ditching the iPhone for good and just keeping the iPad. Might give it away for free to my mom who knows
iSensei is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:57 PM   #2
hafr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSensei View Post
I feel bad for spending over 100$ in accessories for my iPhone 5 with the fast approaching Galaxy S4. I miss the LED notification, being able to call a contact who just texted me simply by raising the phone to my ear, etc. etc.

If I could go back in time...one month I would lol. With the Galaxy S4 coming in March I'm probably ditching the iPhone for good and just keeping the iPad. Might give it away for free to my mom who knows
http://wordpress.com
hafr is offline   24 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:02 PM   #3
ezramoore
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafr View Post
Hahahahahahahahahaha. Made my day.
ezramoore is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Raggsokk
macrumors member

Please, tell us more.
Raggsokk is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:21 PM   #5
JetBlack7
macrumors 68000

Why would you need a "feature" which is to call someone just by raising the phone to your ear? Can't you take 4 seconds to open the contact list and select the contact you want to call?

Those kind of features are so...ridiculous.

Last edited by JetBlack7; Jan 13, 2013 at 06:42 AM.
JetBlack7 is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:29 PM   #6
617aircav
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack7 View Post
Why would you need a "feature" which is to call someone just by raising the phone to your ear? Can't you take 4 seconds to open the contact list and select the contact you want to call?

Those kind of features are so...stupid.
Yep just like Siri. It takes longer to use Siri than just pressing the buttons.
617aircav is online now   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:32 PM   #7
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack7 View Post

Those kind of features are so...stupid.
Stupid for you is not stupid for everyone. Nothing wrong with OP ranting, many of you would agree if he ranted about other OSs
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:34 PM   #8
itjw
In Time-Out

Reminds me of the time I had to give a guy money to take my SGS2...

Such an awful phone. I tried giving it to my mom but she preferred to have a nice phone instead.

Why do people come to Apple forums pretending to be iPhone owners? If you're happy with your plastic POS good for you! I know almost no one participates in the Galaxy forums, but if you're that lonely go get a friend in real life :-)
itjw is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:37 PM   #9
marioman38
macrumors 6502a

Meh, I don't find the ip5 that great. But that said, i've yet to find anything I like better.
marioman38 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:39 PM   #10
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjw View Post
Why do people come to Apple forums pretending to be iPhone owners? If you're happy with your plastic POS good for you! I know almost no one participates in the Galaxy forums, but if you're that lonely go get a friend in real life :-)
Yeah because he obviously is a troll just because he prefers the S3 after trying out the iPhone 5.

The phone is not perfect for everyone, it might be for you but people are allowed to bring some criticisms.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:41 PM   #11
Raggsokk
macrumors member

Serious answer; $100 on accessories?
Did you buy a full blooded chihuahua with a docking station and audio input?
Raggsokk is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:42 PM   #12
Mxbzz
macrumors regular

Quote:

Such an awful phone. I tried giving it to my mom but she preferred to have a nice phone instead.

And why do people have to make blatant lies to try to make their point? If you seriously had to pay someone to give away a phone at all, that's not so much the phones fault, but the owner.
Mxbzz is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:43 PM   #13
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Quote:

Itís beyond me why everyone seems to be so hung up over plastic Just because the iPhone isnít made out of plastic (anymore) everything that is is a peice of ****?
mrsir2009 is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:49 PM   #14
SomeDudeAsking
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
Itís beyond me why everyone seems to be so hung up over plastic Just because the iPhone isnít made out of plastic (anymore) everything that is is a peice of ****?
It's the Apple loyalist ethos.
SomeDudeAsking is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:50 PM   #15
sulpfiction
macrumors 68030

If a notification light and a feature like holding ur phone to ur ear to call a person in a text string is what's important, then by all means u deserve a phone like the galaxy. Stupid bells and whistles that have no real world use only annoy me. It seems like all these other companies advertise their phones based soley on stupid features (samsung commercials with bump to share photos etc) and to me it only says how bad the actual phone really is. Even when apple does Siri based ads it annoys me because in real life Siri is a half baked feature at best.
sulpfiction is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:54 PM   #16
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulpfiction View Post
If a notification light and a feature like holding ur phone to ur ear to call a person in a text string is what's important, then by all means u deserve a phone like the galaxy. Stupid bells and whistles that have no real world use only annoy me. It seems like all these other companies advertise their phones based soley on stupid features (samsung commercials with bump to share photos etc) and to me it only says how bad the actual phone really is. Even when apple does Siri based ads it annoys me because in real life Siri is a half baked feature at best.
Notification light is really useful for those that always miss their calls and messages because fo work (me)
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:57 PM   #17
Mxbzz
macrumors regular

Quote:
What constitutes as real world use? You could make a point for all of the iPhone commercials being "stupid bells and whistles". Hell, the active noise cancellation commercial aired 1 minute ago during the Broncos-Ravens game. Do Not Disturb? Panaromic Mode? Theyre definitely useful for some, not so much for others.
Mxbzz is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:59 PM   #18
SomeDudeAsking
macrumors 65816

Quote:
So because you don't have these time saving features on the iPhone, they are stupid. I see.
SomeDudeAsking is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:04 PM   #19
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerok View Post
Notification light is really useful for those that always miss their calls and messages because fo work (me)
Indeed - You don't have to touch your phone to see if you've got a message, as you can just look at it from across the room to see if the notification light is blinking
mrsir2009 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:19 PM   #20
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I agree with everything in your post except for the last part. While it is true that Apple is known for leaving out little pointless, gimmicky, show-off bell and whistle features, I think Siri is a rather useful feature. Especially for setting very quick reminders, schedules, calling people (searching for names in my extensive phone book is a nightmare), or just running super quick Google searches. Granted, I only use Siri when I'm alone or with people I know - because talking to your phone or PDA, for whatever reason, still seems like it is socially unacceptable.
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 8.0
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:03 PM   #21
JohnLT13
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSensei View Post

You may be able to sell it online.
Subsidize your next phone maybe?
JohnLT13 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:13 PM   #22
Raggsokk
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard OSX View Post
I agree with everything in your post except for the last part. While it is true that Apple is known for leaving out little pointless, gimmicky, show-off bell and whistle features, I think Siri is a rather useful feature. Especially for setting very quick reminders, schedules, calling people (searching for names in my extensive phone book is a nightmare), or just running super quick Google searches. Granted, I only use Siri when I'm alone or with people I know - because talking to your phone or PDA, for whatever reason, still seems like it is socially unacceptable.
Not to mention that Siri is completely useless outside the US. And it's socially unacceptable because it isn't optimized. If Siri or similar services became viable options to not looking like a fool, society would be all over it.
Raggsokk is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:20 PM   #23
RichardC300
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxbzz View Post
And why do people have to make blatant lies to try to make their point? If you seriously had to pay someone to give away a phone at all, that's not so much the phones fault, but the owner.
It's not necessarily a lie, but he could've just not been telling the full story. It could have been apart of a trade where the other party was not satisfied with just an S2.
RichardC300 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:00 PM   #24
Freebee
macrumors newbie

LED Alert's
Settings > General > Accessibility > LED Flash for Alerts > ON

Freebee is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:23 PM   #25
Mxbzz
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC300 View Post
It's not necessarily a lie, but he could've just not been telling the full story. It could have been apart of a trade where the other party was not satisfied with just an S2.
Which is why I said it's not the phone, it's the owner. If someone is going to post a blatant statement like that, they would know better than to leave half the story out of it.

I could have easily made up the same story: I had to pay someone to take my iPhone 5. To me, a white lie is still a lie.
Mxbzz is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone