Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSensei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
I feel bad for spending over 100$ in accessories for my iPhone 5 with the fast approaching Galaxy S4. I miss the LED notification, being able to call a contact who just texted me simply by raising the phone to my ear, etc. etc.

If I could go back in time...one month I would lol. With the Galaxy S4 coming in March I'm probably ditching the iPhone for good and just keeping the iPad. Might give it away for free to my mom who knows :)

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I feel bad for spending over 100$ in accessories for my iPhone 5 with the fast approaching Galaxy S4. I miss the LED notification, being able to call a contact who just texted me simply by raising the phone to my ear, etc. etc.

If I could go back in time...one month I would lol. With the Galaxy S4 coming in March I'm probably ditching the iPhone for good and just keeping the iPad. Might give it away for free to my mom who knows :)

http://wordpress.com

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Why would you need a "feature" which is to call someone just by raising the phone to your ear? Can't you take 4 seconds to open the contact list and select the contact you want to call?

Those kind of features are so...ridiculous.

Last edited:

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Why would you need a "feature" which is to call someone just by raising the phone to your ear? Can't you take 4 seconds to open the contact list and select the contact you want to call?

Those kind of features are so...stupid.

Yep just like Siri. It takes longer to use Siri than just pressing the buttons.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011

Those kind of features are so...stupid.

Stupid for you is not stupid for everyone. Nothing wrong with OP ranting, many of you would agree if he ranted about other OSs

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Reminds me of the time I had to give a guy money to take my SGS2...

Such an awful phone. I tried giving it to my mom but she preferred to have a nice phone instead.

Why do people come to Apple forums pretending to be iPhone owners? If you're happy with your plastic POS good for you! I know almost no one participates in the Galaxy forums, but if you're that lonely go get a friend in real life :)

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
Why do people come to Apple forums pretending to be iPhone owners? If you're happy with your plastic POS good for you! I know almost no one participates in the Galaxy forums, but if you're that lonely go get a friend in real life :)

Yeah because he obviously is a troll just because he prefers the S3 after trying out the iPhone 5.

The phone is not perfect for everyone, it might be for you but people are allowed to bring some criticisms.

Raggsokk

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
Serious answer; $100 on accessories?
Did you buy a full blooded chihuahua with a docking station and audio input?

Mxbzz

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012

Such an awful phone. I tried giving it to my mom but she preferred to have a nice phone instead.

And why do people have to make blatant lies to try to make their point? If you seriously had to pay someone to give away a phone at all, that's not so much the phones fault, but the owner.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia

It’s beyond me why everyone seems to be so hung up over plastic :confused: Just because the iPhone isn’t made out of plastic (anymore) everything that is is a peice of ****?

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
If a notification light and a feature like holding ur phone to ur ear to call a person in a text string is what's important, then by all means u deserve a phone like the galaxy. Stupid bells and whistles that have no real world use only annoy me. It seems like all these other companies advertise their phones based soley on stupid features (samsung commercials with bump to share photos etc) and to me it only says how bad the actual phone really is. Even when apple does Siri based ads it annoys me because in real life Siri is a half baked feature at best.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
If a notification light and a feature like holding ur phone to ur ear to call a person in a text string is what's important, then by all means u deserve a phone like the galaxy. Stupid bells and whistles that have no real world use only annoy me. It seems like all these other companies advertise their phones based soley on stupid features (samsung commercials with bump to share photos etc) and to me it only says how bad the actual phone really is. Even when apple does Siri based ads it annoys me because in real life Siri is a half baked feature at best.

Notification light is really useful for those that always miss their calls and messages because fo work (me)

Mxbzz

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012

What constitutes as real world use? You could make a point for all of the iPhone commercials being "stupid bells and whistles". Hell, the active noise cancellation commercial aired 1 minute ago during the Broncos-Ravens game. Do Not Disturb? Panaromic Mode? Theyre definitely useful for some, not so much for others.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010

So because you don't have these time saving features on the iPhone, they are stupid. I see.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Notification light is really useful for those that always miss their calls and messages because fo work (me)

Indeed - You don't have to touch your phone to see if you've got a message, as you can just look at it from across the room to see if the notification light is blinking :)

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California

I agree with everything in your post except for the last part. While it is true that Apple is known for leaving out little pointless, gimmicky, show-off bell and whistle features, I think Siri is a rather useful feature. Especially for setting very quick reminders, schedules, calling people (searching for names in my extensive phone book is a nightmare), or just running super quick Google searches. Granted, I only use Siri when I'm alone or with people I know - because talking to your phone or PDA, for whatever reason, still seems like it is socially unacceptable.

JohnLT13

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2012
Boston (aka Red Sox Nation)

You may be able to sell it online.:rolleyes:
Subsidize your next phone maybe?

Raggsokk

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
I agree with everything in your post except for the last part. While it is true that Apple is known for leaving out little pointless, gimmicky, show-off bell and whistle features, I think Siri is a rather useful feature. Especially for setting very quick reminders, schedules, calling people (searching for names in my extensive phone book is a nightmare), or just running super quick Google searches. Granted, I only use Siri when I'm alone or with people I know - because talking to your phone or PDA, for whatever reason, still seems like it is socially unacceptable.

Not to mention that Siri is completely useless outside the US. And it's socially unacceptable because it isn't optimized. If Siri or similar services became viable options to not looking like a fool, society would be all over it.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
And why do people have to make blatant lies to try to make their point? If you seriously had to pay someone to give away a phone at all, that's not so much the phones fault, but the owner.

It's not necessarily a lie, but he could've just not been telling the full story. It could have been apart of a trade where the other party was not satisfied with just an S2.

Freebee

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
LED Alert's
Settings > General > Accessibility > LED Flash for Alerts > ON

dL5Keq

Mxbzz

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
It's not necessarily a lie, but he could've just not been telling the full story. It could have been apart of a trade where the other party was not satisfied with just an S2.

Which is why I said it's not the phone, it's the owner. If someone is going to post a blatant statement like that, they would know better than to leave half the story out of it.

I could have easily made up the same story: I had to pay someone to take my iPhone 5. To me, a white lie is still a lie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.