Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:24 AM   #1
Shadyriley
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
iPad Mini Smart Cover issue

When I have the iPad mini on my desk, with the Smart Cover rolled up, with it laying down, 95% of the time when I start typing or touching it collapses. Anyone else experiencing this?
Shadyriley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:28 AM   #2
Gymgenius
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
No, but my cover frequently comes off when putting the mini into the landscape display position
Gymgenius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:25 AM   #3
BHP41
macrumors 6502a
 
BHP41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyriley View Post
When I have the iPad mini on my desk, with the Smart Cover rolled up, with it laying down, 95% of the time when I start typing or touching it collapses. Anyone else experiencing this?
Which way are you rolling it up? If you roll it up with the outer part to the surface then yes, it will collapse. If you roll it up with the microfiber to the surface it won't.

I generally roll mine with the outer part to the surface. I don't want to get grit in the micro fiber but when I need to type a longer email I use it the other way.
BHP41 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:19 PM   #4
Shadyriley
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHP41 View Post
Which way are you rolling it up? If you roll it up with the outer part to the surface then yes, it will collapse. If you roll it up with the microfiber to the surface it won't.

I generally roll mine with the outer part to the surface. I don't want to get grit in the micro fiber but when I need to type a longer email I use it the other way.

Well that's stupid, cuz that's not how they advertise it in commercials. They show it going from laying down to standing up without rolling the cover the other way. Why would I want to get the microfiber part dirty? Retarded.
Shadyriley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:55 PM   #5
Piccio
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
It's too expensive and very bad made.

It's a projectual flaw, it only has 3 foldable parts, it's not stable how it is the smart cover for the bigger iPad that has 4 foldable parts to type or stand position.
Piccio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:21 AM   #6
Shadyriley
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccio View Post
It's too expensive and very bad made.

It's a projectual flaw, it only has 3 foldable parts, it's not stable how it is the smart cover for the bigger iPad that has 4 foldable parts to type or stand position.

I had the same problem with the bigger iPad Smart Cover as well, but the opposite. It would only stand if it was rolled with the microfiber on the outside, otherwise it would collapse.
Shadyriley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:44 AM   #7
BHP41
macrumors 6502a
 
BHP41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyriley View Post
Well that's stupid, cuz that's not how they advertise it in commercials. They show it going from laying down to standing up without rolling the cover the other way. Why would I want to get the microfiber part dirty? Retarded.
I'd have to look at a commercial but I'm pretty sure they show the cover being rolled with the microfiber on the outside. I know that they do on the website.
I don't really see a way to make it work the other way. Just be carefull what your sitting it on and you'll be fine.
BHP41 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:24 PM   #8
Sital
macrumors 65816
 
Sital's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New England
When I first got the smart cover I thought it should roll up with the outside on, you know, the outside. I soon discovered otherwise. I have grown to really like the smart cover and have no issues with it coming off or collapsing.

But....when I use the smart cover as a stand I do find myself being a little paranoid about where I put it down so as not to get any debris on the microfibers.
__________________
"I'd rather good people trust me than bad people fear me."
Sital is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:03 PM   #9
flavr
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
The smart cover on my iPad 4 felt to flappy...but its perfect on my iPad mini, Im rocking that along with a nice lightweight thin clear hardshell cover for the back, making for a perfect combo
flavr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:36 PM   #10
Shadyriley
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavr View Post
The smart cover on my iPad 4 felt to flappy...but its perfect on my iPad mini, Im rocking that along with a nice lightweight thin clear hardshell cover for the back, making for a perfect combo
Same here, harshell from Rocket Fish. Except I get nervous about the side parts that are exposed. Kinda want to get a book case thing for it for full coverage.
Shadyriley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:54 PM   #11
flavr
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyriley View Post
Same here, harshell from Rocket Fish. Except I get nervous about the side parts that are exposed. Kinda want to get a book case thing for it for full coverage.
YEP...same one from rocketfish, its awesome!
flavr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad Mini Smart Cover lock screen issue Osubuck37 iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 12 Jun 8, 2014 04:18 PM
iPad Mini: Whats the best sleeve to carry an iPad Mini Retina with Smart Cover, back cover and a lionmanpt iPad Accessories 5 Apr 19, 2014 09:21 PM
iPad Mini: iPad Mini Smart Cover not so smart.... Dappa37 iPad 2 Nov 4, 2012 08:01 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC