Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:58 PM   #1
heyitsfez
macrumors member

iPhone backup problem

So here's my issue. I currently have 2 icloud decice backups. One of them is my current backup of my iPhone 5 (32GB), which is around ~800 MB, purely all my photos and app data. And the other one is from my older iPod touch, 14.1 GB (yes, GB) but this one is purely the camera roll.

What I want to do is get the all my photos and videos from the ipod touch back on my iPhone. However, 14GB is a lot of data, and I do not want to use my current computer as it will crash if I attempt to restore that big of a backup. So I'm planning on doing a restore from icloud. Which is fine, I have fast wifi. The problem is, this backup is purely my camera roll. All my current apps and messages are on the 800MB back up. So is there a way to "combine" both back ups? Or could I sync the phone before wiping it and sync back the app data to it after restoring via icloud? Will the app data be there if I sync the phone through the computer?

I hope any of you can give me some suggestions, they are all greatly appreciated, thank you in advance .
heyitsfez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:02 PM   #2
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

Photo stream?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:05 PM   #3
heyitsfez
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmanbaseball2 View Post
Photo stream?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
I was thinking of that, but it doesn't back up videos, which are what mostly make up the 14GB of my camera roll in the ipod touch backup
heyitsfez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:04 PM   #4
lunaoso
macrumors 65816

Just transfer all the pictures and video to a computer and then use iTunes to sync them to the iPhone, then delete the iPod Touch backup. And continue syncing the phone as usual.
lunaoso is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone